It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC SVN import failed with error msg "Parent has multiple children with the name '.jazzignore'."

james sun (122) | asked Dec 11 '12, 11:25 a.m.
Hi,

Trying to import source code from a SVN dump using the RTC SVN importer.  The task failed with the message below -

!MESSAGE An error occurred importing 'Revision 75551: [xdbuild@us.ibm.com] (7/18/12 1:43 PM) bug 26872: create release 1.3.0 from release 1.2.0 r75525': Parent has  multiple children with the name '.jazzignore'.

The SVN revision 75551 copied a old release to a new release.  There are three .jazzignore files, but are located in the different path. 

Please help.

Also, here is the partial stack trace when the task failing -

STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: An error occurred importing 'Revision 75551: [xdbuild@us.ibm.com] (7/18/12 1:43 PM) bug 26872: create        release 1.3.0 from release 1.2.0 r75525': Parent has multiple children with the name '.jazzignore'.
        at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.importChangeSetArchive(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:343)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.doImport(ImportArchiveOperation.java:132)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.run(ImportArchiveOperation.java:80)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.performImport(ImportArchiveOperation.java:227)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.importIntoWorkspace(ImportOperation.java:186)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.svn.internal.ui.SVNDumpFileImportOperation.importIntoWorkspace(SVNDumpFileImportOperation.java:135)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.repositoryRun(ImportOperation.java:116)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.RepositoryOperation.run(RepositoryOperation.java:43)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner.run(JobRunner.java:240)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner$1.run(JobRunner.java:63)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.scm.common.FolderEntryConflictException: Parent has multiple children with the name '.jazzignore'.
        at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.operations.FinalizeStateSelectionsOperation$2.createException(FinalizeStateSelectionsOperation.java:136)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.utils.IExceptionFactory$AbstractExceptionFactory.createException(IExceptionFactory.java:35)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.operations.FinalizeStateSelectionsOperation.checkForNameCollisions(FinalizeStateSelectionsOperation.java:316)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.operations.FinalizeStateSelectionsOperation.run(FinalizeStateSelectionsOperation.java:195)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.operations.commit.CommitOperation.processStateSelections(CommitOperation.java:704)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.operations.commit.CommitOperation.run(CommitOperation.java:267)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.interop.ScmImportService$1.run(ScmImportService.java:139)
        at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.AbstractScmService$3.run(AbstractScmService.java:574)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$Transaction.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:458)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$1.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:285)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:379)

James

4 answers

permanent link
james sun (122) | answered Dec 12 '12, 4:47 p.m.
I was confused about the svn dump file and the debug dump file.  Rerunning the svn import to get the debug output.

permanent link
james sun (122) | answered Dec 12 '12, 4:31 p.m.
I added the following statements at the end of eclipse.ini

-consolelog
-debug
/root/eclipse/debug.options

However, I decided to move these statement up, and, waw la, this fix the problem!

By the way, is there a way to redirect the console log to a file?

Also, the svn dump file that I am using is about 20G, and is confidential since it contains the source code of our product.  Don't think I can pass the dump file.

Comments
Tim Mok commented Dec 12 '12, 4:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The purpose of the debug options is to produce a dump file that strips the content and leaves what happens each revision. This leaves a dump that is significantly smaller and without confidential content. If you're ok with the comments and filenames remaining in the debug dump, the debug output will be a great help when analyzing the problem.

permanent link
james sun (122) | answered Dec 12 '12, 2:13 p.m.
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response.  Trying to set the trace options based on the article pointed from your note.  However when I have the -consolelog option, I get the following error,

JVMJ9VM007E Command-line option unrecognised: -consolelog
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

When I just have the -debug option, here is the error that I get -

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: .root.eclipse.debug.options
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .root.eclipse.debug.options
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:434)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:660)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:358)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:626)
Could not find the main class: /root/eclipse/debug.options.  Program will exit.

Have something been changed since early version of the RTC client?  I am using RTC 3.0.1.1, and java 1.6.

Thanks again for your help.

James

Comments
Tim Mok commented Dec 12 '12, 3:32 p.m. | edited Dec 12 '12, 3:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It appears that you haven't created the debug.options file or set the command line options correctly.

This is straight from the article:

To enable the debug options, create a file debug.options in the [installpath]/jazz directory containing the following lines ([installpath] is the directory into which you installed RTC):

com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.svn/debug=true
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.svn/revisions=true
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz/debug=true
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz/import=true
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz/logFiles=true

To have RTC recognise these options, add the following options to the eclipse.ini file in the [installpath]/jazz/client/eclipse directory.

-consolelog
-debug
[installpath]/jazz/debug.options

Please verify what you have set is according to the article or post back if you've set the options as in the article and still have problems getting the debug info.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Dec 11 '12, 3:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you get a stack trace like this, it is likely a bug. Please file a defect against Source Control. Run the import once more with these debugging settings (https://jazz.net/library/article/650#Gathering_Debug_Information_When) and attach the revisions file to it (if filenames and change comments aren't confidential information). The file can be easily compressed if it's a little large.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.