It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does CLM accept LDAP fixes? (Critical issue)

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | asked Dec 10 '12, 12:46 p.m.
 All,

John Doe is in the LDAP server as jdoes
I fixed him and now he is jdoe

Will CLM accept this change? Or is he now a new user?

How can I make this change take effect immediately?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Breun Reed (361) | answered Dec 10 '12, 2:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, the user record will be updated by the LDAP sync task. By default, synchronization happens nightly at 1:00 AM. You can make the changes immediate by executing the command repotools -syncUsers.

Please refer to the CLM 4.0.1 documentation for additional details.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Fcldapsynctask.html

Cheers!
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Dec 10 '12, 2:39 p.m.

Alright!

Thanks, that's great news.

One other answer

permanent link
Der M (6121418) | answered Dec 11 '12, 7:43 a.m.

Was just about to ask this question.

What happened recently is that someone removed a person from the Jazz_User group but when I looked at the list of users, the user was still there (obviously not synched yet), but he could not login, due to being removed from the ldap group.  I added the user back  into the group.  User could login again.

My questions is, if I had not added him back into the User group, would his name have been removed from the user listing, after, QM synched that evening?  It is some effort getting people added and removed so I have not tested this extensively.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 11 '12, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I am aware, users don't get removed from the Jazz Team Server if they get removed from LDAP. You would have to archive them manually. I know some teams have created a scheduled task/tool to archive the users no longer in LDAP.

Dave Evans commented Aug 07 '14, 5:20 p.m.

Ralph,

We would like a script which automatically archives users which no longer have any repository permissions (or no longer exist in LDAP). Are you aware of any examples or how others are accomplishing this?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 08 '14, 1:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you know the ID for which users to archive, here is the API you could use to archive the user. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/changing-the-jazz-user-id-using-the-rtc-plain-java-client-libraries/ and https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/maintaing-user-photos-with-the-plain-java-client-libraries/

That posts are about maintaining the user data in different ways. In that process,you can also set the user as archived.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.