It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Send mail Using RTC sdk

Nilesh Patil (1733650) | asked Dec 10 '12, 7:19 a.m.
I want to send mail to user when some conditions are satified. I have return operation advisor for this, in that I am checking some condition, if condition satisfied I want to send mail to user. Can anybdy tell me how can I achive this?. I am trying this using IMailerService .

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 10 '12, 9:05 a.m.
edited Dec 10 '12, 12:01 p.m.
ok.. what is the question?

here is the method definition

public void sendMail(MailSender sender, String toAddress, String subject, String msg, String cc) throws MessagingException;

and a sample use
<p>
      try {
           IMailerService mailerService = getService(IMailerService.class);
           mailerService.sendMail(mailerService.getDefaultSender(), "toAddress", "subject", "msg", "cc");
           }
      catch(Exception ex)
           {
           System.out.println("exception="+ ex.getMessage());
           }
</p>

Comments
Nilesh Patil commented Dec 10 '12, 1:24 p.m. | edited Dec 11 '12, 6:50 a.m.

Hi Sam,
  I have done same thing in my code.  It's not giving any exception, but the problem is that the email is not getting triggered. Do I need to do any server configuration settings? Any property I need to  set? SMTP configuration(like server port, server name)? .

sam detweiler commented Dec 10 '12, 8:33 p.m.

you have to configure the server to be able to send mail at all.

see the JTS/Admin, Email configuration
server:port/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureMailSettings

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.