It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not possible to log in after installation CLM 4.0.1

Katarzyna Kot (3611) | asked Dec 08 '12, 7:24 a.m.
 I downloaded and installed CLM 4.0.1 on my laptop. Installation was without any problems, I started the Jazz server and got connection to the server, but the standard login/ password combination doesn't work. Any ideas why I cannot log in to my on installation?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Katarzyna Kot (3611) | answered Dec 10 '12, 8:46 a.m.
OK, I did uninstall of the CLM. I installed it again outside the Program Files directory. I started the Jazz Team Server with all the privileges (run as administrator), and it works... Thank you for your assistance  
Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Sep 17 '13, 10:50 a.m. | edited Sep 17 '13, 10:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

deleted (no longer relevant).

3 other answers

permanent link
robert genzinger (1613) | answered Jan 19 '15, 11:15 a.m.
edited Jan 20 '15, 3:47 a.m.
this scenario:
you got a login screen on the first setup https://yourjazzserver:9443/jts/setup where ADMIN/ADMIN does not work. Tomcat logs it with a warning "An attempt was made to authenticate the locked user ADMIN".
What does it mean?

this scenario depends on the local security settings of the windows server.
solution: start the "tomcat server startup script" in the windows administrator mode:
(run a cmd window in admin mode, right click on the cmd command "run as administrator"
and start the tomcat start script in this cmd box).
another option would be to disable the local security settings of the windows server:
local security policy, local policy, security options,
user account control, run all administrators in admin approval mode : disable
do not set this on a production server, only as a workaround on a demo or evaluation server.

this case has nothing to do with the program files, nevertheless i stay with Ralph - do not locate the Jazz installation in the windows program folder

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Dec 10 '12, 2:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Katarzyna,
what's the error message displayed on the page?
"403 Forbidden" , "not authorized" or "invalid user ID or password" ?
if it is "403 Forbidden" or "not authorized" , you can try to use the user/pass that created when running the JTS setup.

Comments
Katarzyna Kot commented Dec 10 '12, 3:05 a.m. | edited Sep 17 '13, 10:48 a.m.

I receive an error message Invalid user ID or password., I downloaded one installation file and installed the SW in one go, and I had no questions about setting any password or user name.

My problem has started with running JTS setup.
So what I did is:
1. Download SW,
2. Run installer and I install SW, 
3. Run the JTS setup and cannot move anywhere from there due to login/password issue...

@Ralph: I did a local installation on my laptop with Tomcat and derby database. As I mentioned before I haven;t reached the JTS setup step yet...

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 10 '12, 3:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You are supposed to run the server, then open <YourURI>/jts/setup. You log in as ADMIN/ADMIN if you run on Tomcat authentication. Then you follow the setup and create your own user.

Katarzyna Kot commented Dec 10 '12, 7:31 a.m.

Ralph,

I understand the procedure, however when I select the path: https://msl130.devoteam.int.nl:9443/jts/setup I got a login screen where ADMIN/ADMIN does not work. Tomcat logs it with a warning "An attempt was made to authenticate the locked user ADMIN". What does it mean?

Katarzyna Kot commented Dec 10 '12, 7:42 a.m.

I think that my problem has something to do with Tomcat. However I run Start Jazz server using "Run as administrator", what should give Tomcat all the rights to write to Program Files directory.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 10 '12, 7:58 a.m.

I never never ever ever install into Program Files anymore. Especially on Win7 it is just a pain. I would suggest to install into a different folder.

Katarzyna Kot commented Dec 10 '12, 7:59 a.m.

Or it can be something with my certificates, as I get this (see above). How can I create a certificate for this?

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 10 '12, 8:11 a.m.

No, the certificate is not the issue. I run on these that come with the product forever. You have to accept the exception and you can go ahead.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 10 '12, 8:51 a.m.

If you keep away from Program Files you can run it without running as administrator. The issue with Program Files is that it is a virtualized folder where the application can only create folders and files with administrative permission.

Jason Quinn commented Sep 17 '13, 9:54 a.m.

I had the same problem but it was resolved when I executed the "Start the Jazz Team Server" as "Run as Administrator."

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 09 '12, 5:07 p.m.
What did you use? Tomcat? WAS? Which DB? LDAP? ...

Did you run the jts/setup? In that steps you assign your own user and if you don't uncheck the checkbox ADMIN/ADMIN won't work anymore. If you failed to type the password correctly e.g. had CAPS LOCK on then you would see this issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.