It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

List depency changeset for a given changeset

suresh k (11169) | asked Dec 07 '12, 5:18 a.m.

Hi,

We're using RTC 4.0 and wanted to check ,If there is a way to get list of dependent changesets for a given changeset using client API.

Thanks..

--Suresh.

4 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 25 '14, 5:21 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC 5.0 we added a "fill the gap" feature where the change sets that fill the gap are shown to the user, allowing them to either accept all the change sets or to continue with the gap workflow that was available in RTC 4.0.5.
This feature is summarized in the RTC 5.0 'New & Noteworthy' page: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0?p=news#eclipse-fill-gaps

The classes that are involved for filling the gap include:
client side: IWorkspaceConnection.findChangeSetsToAcceptToFillGap(...)
server side: IScmQueryService.findChangeSetsToAcceptToFillGap(...)

Gaps are explained in more detail in the "Improved Gap Handling for SCM" article: https://jazz.net/library/article/1372

permanent link
praveen patidar (8613244) | answered May 26 '13, 8:20 p.m.
One workaround that I placed in my solution is as Follows.

Assuming Dependent change sets are the change sets that either to be delivered at once together. That happens if any descendent change set present having same file in that.

So what I search for an particular change set is all Descendent change sets that is having same Item ID. and list down each of them.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 19 '13, 12:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is work item Provide GAP filling APIs (16842) .   It is not currently in-plan, so feel free to add a comment indicating your interest/support.   A GUI-level version of this request (there are several) is: "Confirm Content Accept" dialog should be more specific (offer to fill in gaps when a gap exception occurs) (24822)

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Dec 14 '12, 3:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, there is no API that provides this info. I imagine the code would involve a lot of searching in the repository that would be quite intensive.

Comments
Jerome Lacube commented Mar 19 '13, 4:32 a.m.

Probably not given the fact that the changesets would be on the same component and that the merge/deliver highlighting is already doing something similar on the "Pending Changes" view

For my team, this is a must-have in short/mid-term for RTC...

(IIRC, I saw some workitems about gaps resolution/search for next milestones...)

Jerome Lacube commented Mar 19 '13, 4:33 a.m. | edited Mar 19 '13, 4:49 a.m.

[Please delete it was a duplicate]

Tim Mok commented Mar 19 '13, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

A lot of the proposed gap work is the ability to accept a change set without finding a change set that can fill the gap. It is a feature in progress and only some of the stories are targeted for the next milestone.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.