It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to build com.ibm.team.repository.service plugin from provided source

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Dec 06 '12, 12:15 p.m.
edited Dec 07 '12, 8:22 a.m.
I am extending a class in com.ibm.team.repository.service, which imports and gives me the source as usual..

however, now that I have found all the source., the build fails..

there are two error classes (550+ errors in all)

1498. ERROR in C:\Users\sam\workspacevx - Repository manager etc\com.ibm.team.repository.service\repository_servicesrc\com\ibm\team\repository\service\internal\dataaccess\JDBC3QueryByBlocks.java (at line 60)
    class JDBC3QueryByBlocks implements ResultSet, IDataAccessConstants {
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The type JDBC3QueryByBlocks must implement the inherited abstract method ResultSet.getHoldability()

1903. ERROR in C:\Users\sam\workspacevx - Repository manager etc\com.ibm.team.repository.service\repository_servicesrc\com\ibm\team\repository\service\internal\db\jdbcwrappers\errlog\CallableStatementErrLogWrapper.java (at line 31)
    public class CallableStatementErrLogWrapper extends
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The type CallableStatementErrLogWrapper must implement the inherited abstract method CallableStatement.getCharacterStream(String)

the plugin jar is still built.. but some classes are not produced is seems (.class file not present)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner (initialization failure)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 07 '12, 9:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Which JDK are you compiling against?  For 3.0.1.x, it should be JDK 1.5.  It's likely the referenced abstract methods are new in 1.6.

sam detweiler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 07 '12, 11:06 a.m.

thanks.. indeed I was using the default jdk, 1.6..
changed to the 1.5_22 jdk, and that cleared one set, but the

repository_servicesrc\com\ibm\team\repository\service\internal\dataaccess\JDBC3QueryByBlocks.java

still fail as above

2 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 07 '12, 12:13 p.m.
edited Dec 07 '12, 11:13 p.m.
Ok, found that the project config doesn't matter, its in the plugin.xml 'runtime'..

now code compiles properly, but the runtime still fails. like some config is missing

Comments
Nick Edgar commented Dec 07 '12, 1:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It's looking for /com/ibm/team/repository/service/internal/property/RepositoryServiceProperties.properties

as a sibling to com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.property.RepositoryServiceProperties.class

Do you have that .properties file?  If you have it in source, is it getting copied to the bin dir properly?

sam detweiler commented Dec 07 '12, 11:13 p.m.

there are a bunch of properties files that are not loaded by the project import..
once these are copied from the production plugin,  things work as expected

thanks Nick!

permanent link
Fatos Sopjani (1112) | answered Jan 17 '13, 5:42 a.m.
edited Jan 17 '13, 5:44 a.m.
 Hi, 

I am having a similar problem, I've downloaded RTC 4, for some reasons I am unable to get the following imports.

com.ibm.team.process.service
com.ibm.team.workitem.service
com.ibm.team.repository.service

any suggestions?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 17 '13, 8:15 a.m.

did you download the rtc SDK? and set the plugin platform in eclipse?

Nick Edgar commented Jan 17 '13, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think Sam meant "Target platform" (in preferences, under Plug-in Development).  If you're using the default target, it's compiling against the running RTC client, which does not include the server-side plug-ins.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.