It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to rollback everything (except source control)

Caroline Smith (4611923) | asked Dec 06 '12, 4:53 a.m.
I have managed to get myself into a complete mess trying to reconfigure our RTC workflow to use a a new Kanban workflow.  Yesterday a colleague showed me how to roll back the configuration by viewing the history of the Process Configuration Source and reverting to that.

I did this and thought it would solve all my issues but I soon realized that this made it even worse. My problem is that I also made thousands of bulk changes to work items (changing old stories into requirements so that our new stories could use a different workflow to the old ones) but this completely messed everything up.  I need to be able to roll back everything except source control changes to how it was on Friday Evening.  

I am using the eclipse client V3.0.1

Please tell me there is a way to do this.
Thanks
Caroline

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 06 '12, 5:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Caroline, you could try to change the types back using the approach described here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/95359/re-mapping-workflow-to-work-item-types. I am not aware of a way to roll back the data, except restoring to a backup. Sorry.

Comments
Caroline Smith commented Dec 07 '12, 6:33 a.m.

I didn't have a back up to roll back to but after a lot of manual work I managed to get it back to some sort of a state of normality again.  I have learned a lot about what not to do in RTC this week !

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 07 '12, 6:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to set up a test environment and test your ideas before you make heavy changes in the production system.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.