It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is a parallelised download possible?

Peter Weller (39379) | asked Dec 04 '12, 8:36 p.m.
edited Dec 09 '12, 1:44 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I'm wondering whether it is possible to parallelise the load of components from RTC. I can only find references to concurrent connections to the server, but nothing about concurrent connections from a single client.

To clarify the question, I have a stream with seven or eight components in it, and I would like to load each component simultaneously (rather than sequentially, as Eclipse seems to do it).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 09 '12, 1:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RTC Eclipse client downloads files in parallel.  By default, 10 threads are used.  You can modify this with the Team->Jazz_Source_Control->Content_Transfer preference.
Peter Weller selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Dec 05 '12, 4:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 05 '12, 4:17 a.m.
...whether it is possible to parallelise the checkout of components from RTC...
Team Concert does not have a checkout. In this area the only commands are CheckIn and Lock. And both are affecting file(s) and not components.
...concurrent connections from a single client...
Yes, you can open more than one eclipse and connect to the same server; you can use the same or different account and additionally you can login with firefox and IE client.

Comments
Peter Weller commented Dec 05 '12, 11:42 a.m.

I apologise—I come from an SVN background—I meant "parallelise the load of components from RTC".

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Dec 04 '12, 11:40 p.m.
Hi Peter,
                 Concuurent connections is possible from a machine - you can open 2 different workspaces at the same time.

What do you exactly mean by parallelise the checkout?

Thanks.

Comments
Peter Weller commented Dec 05 '12, 11:43 a.m.

Hi Valli, I've just updated my question to clarify, let me know if you need any more information. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.