It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is a parallelised download possible?

Peter Weller (39379) | asked Dec 04 '12, 8:36 p.m.
edited Dec 09 '12, 1:44 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I'm wondering whether it is possible to parallelise the load of components from RTC. I can only find references to concurrent connections to the server, but nothing about concurrent connections from a single client.

To clarify the question, I have a stream with seven or eight components in it, and I would like to load each component simultaneously (rather than sequentially, as Eclipse seems to do it).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 09 '12, 1:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RTC Eclipse client downloads files in parallel.  By default, 10 threads are used.  You can modify this with the Team->Jazz_Source_Control->Content_Transfer preference.
Peter Weller selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Dec 05 '12, 4:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 05 '12, 4:17 a.m.
...whether it is possible to parallelise the checkout of components from RTC...
Team Concert does not have a checkout. In this area the only commands are CheckIn and Lock. And both are affecting file(s) and not components.
...concurrent connections from a single client...
Yes, you can open more than one eclipse and connect to the same server; you can use the same or different account and additionally you can login with firefox and IE client.

Comments
Peter Weller commented Dec 05 '12, 11:42 a.m.

I apologise—I come from an SVN background—I meant "parallelise the load of components from RTC".

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Dec 04 '12, 11:40 p.m.
Hi Peter,
                 Concuurent connections is possible from a machine - you can open 2 different workspaces at the same time.

What do you exactly mean by parallelise the checkout?

Thanks.

Comments
Peter Weller commented Dec 05 '12, 11:43 a.m.

Hi Valli, I've just updated my question to clarify, let me know if you need any more information. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.