It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item template gives "The 'Summary' attribute needs to be set"

Julie Rotter (3866) | asked Dec 04 '12, 3:23 p.m.
We are using CLM 4.0.0.1, and have a work item template that is failing (upon filling in the variables for Planned For and Filed Against) with:

Assign Template Variable Values Cannot create work items specified by the template. 'Save Work Item' failed. Preconditions have not been met: The 'Summary' attribute needs to be set

This is from the eclipse client.  The web client is running into the already reported "Error TypeError: this._proxy.getAttribute is not a function".. which we're in the process of installing the hotfix.

The template has a large number of children/grandchildren/etc (I haven't counted but it's probably close to 100).  I verified that all the work items included in the template have Summary values set.  Also, I removed the "Related To" links from the template - just in case that was the problem.

Any ideas are appreciated!  Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Julie Rotter (3866) | answered Dec 12 '12, 9:23 a.m.
In case anyone else runs into this:   it was caused by a "$" in the Summary field of one of the child work items in the template.

permanent link
jank wenger (1111) | answered May 09 '14, 4:39 a.m.

i'm facing the same issue for web UI version 4.0.4. .Although the attribute for summary has been correctly set in both client and web :"editor presentations", the same error message still occur.need help!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.