It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to schedule and track test execution against the calendar in RQM?

mat zanchi (46173) | asked Dec 04 '12, 4:07 a.m.

Hello!

I still find impossible to create a real test schedule plan (manul activity not automatic) and then track the progresses of the test against it. What I need is to plan every test execution record for a spefic day or at least enqueue them in a backlog. Moreover when the TER are executed I would like the plan be able to show the progresses on TER (executed, failed, passed, etc).

Does someone know how to do this in RQM?

Thanks and best regards,

Matteo

3 answers

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Dec 04 '12, 5:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is an enhancement request for it. Unable to find out what all Schedules has failed without drilling down to result for each schedule (65313).
Feel free to add your requirement over there

Comments
mat zanchi commented Dec 04 '12, 6:09 a.m.

Hello Bhuiya,

I'm not referring to Execution Schedule objects (that are related to automation testing). I'm referring to Test Schedule section of the test plan. I think that is clearly unsatisfactory in terms of planning and tracking of the test activities. Requirements in this area could be:

1. Ability to assign a planned execution date for each Test Execution Record [or better enque them into a backlog]

2. Ability to track the execution with automatic update of the plan from the Test Executed Records, in other words I need to know how many test have been completed, how many are remaining as of the date and if the test execution is ahead or late on the planned schedule.

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Dec 04 '12, 6:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RQM 4.0.1 has support for your requirement. Test Schedule section of Test Plan associate a test schedule with iteration defined in the planning page. There you can specify the start & end date for the iteration. You can create Test Execution Record for any iteration. You can go to view Test Case Execution Record and view Test Suite Execution Record and do group by iteration. You will be able to see the progress (progress bars are provided to track the progress for the iterations)

Comments
mat zanchi commented Dec 04 '12, 9:17 a.m.

I have tried also this functionality in 4.0.1 and still is far to be satisfactory for real usage. For example:

1. Even if related to iterations, the milestones data are not related to the plan content and not updated according to the execution:

1.1. The Points are not the sum of the points of the test cases

1.2 There is not Actual (Points and Dates) information.

2. The progress bars are cool and useful for a quick view but are not really usable reports. The need is to see and use the real data to be exported in excel for example. Or tatus reports and graphs to be inluced in status meeting presentation, etc etc.

3. Items in the Iterations are not usabe like in RTC... I cannot create an iteration Plan to see and manage my Test Execution Records

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Dec 04 '12, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 04 '12, 11:25 a.m.
I think you can create a test schedule named "Backlog" and generate TER for it. You can customize the reports to not include this iteration for reports.

Let me know if you opinion or suggestion

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.