It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

On qm/admin page, public uri property is showing a red cross - complaining that public uri not set

RICHA AWASTHY (18257) | asked Dec 02 '12, 9:48 p.m.
retagged Dec 04 '12, 12:46 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
Hi,
When trying to access the qm/admin page, I see a red cross against public uri property. It gives an error that public uri is not configured, though I had already configured it. On clicking the hyperlink 'Go to Setup', which is shown next  to the error mark, it takes me to the jts/setup url. Since the database configured is DB2, it allows me only custom setup. On progressing further, it shows that public uri is already configured (i know it cannot be changed). After finalizing the setup, if I come back to qm/admin url, I still see the same problem.
Could anyone please let me know what is going wrong and how to resolve the issue.
Appreciate response.
Thanks

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Dec 04 '12, 12:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. What version are your servers?
  2. Is QM on the same server as the JTS?
  3. When you visit the jts/admin Registered Applications page, does the discovery URL for your registered QM application match the QM application you are accessing? 
  4. If QM is not on the same server as the JTS, can you make sure the machine the JTS is on can ping the machine QM is on and vice-versa?

RICHA AWASTHY commented Dec 05 '12, 12:38 a.m.

Yes QM and JTS on the same server. When I go to Registered Applications page, it shows 4 applications as registered and the url of the QM application being accessed is same as listed under registered application.
Also, I do not get an option to register the application when I run the jts/setup.
Not sure what is missing here.

Bo Chulindra commented Dec 05 '12, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. What version CLM is this?
  2. Try running through qm/setup and see if that helps.
  3. Try running through admin/setup and see if that helps.

RICHA AWASTHY commented Dec 06 '12, 1:00 a.m.

Hi Bo,
Thank you for your response. This was CLM 4.0.
Finally, I had to un-register the application and re-register it to get rid of the problem.
Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Dec 04 '12, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you finished https://server:9443/jts/setup after installing CLM?

Comments
RICHA AWASTHY commented Dec 05 '12, 12:39 a.m.

Hi Pramod,
Thank you for the response. The setup was completed as the first step. Also, when I check the Registered Applications in Server, it does list the QM application as registered. While, if the same url is accessed, it shows red cross mark against public uri and shows the hyperlink 'Go To Setup' though that does not help either.

permanent link
Srikanth Bhushan (16942734) | answered Dec 03 '12, 2:31 a.m.

Comments
RICHA AWASTHY commented Dec 03 '12, 6:32 p.m.

Hi Srikanth,
Thank you for the answer and the links.
Unfortunately, the problem is not same as mentioned in any of the links. I am not using WAS.
Secondly, when I check the Registered Applications on server via UI, I can see 4 applications registered but when I go to Application, it shows error mark against Public URI. Next to the error mark, it shows hyperlink Go To Setup, when I click on that hyperlink, it takes me to the url for jts/setup but nowhere it will provide an option to change the public uri as it is already configured.
I am not able to understand why this error is being shown.
This has been observed after migration from Derby to DB2.
Any inputs are highly appreciated.
Thanks

Ara Masrof commented Dec 03 '12, 10:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

For troubleshooting purposes, I would stop the restart the server and note any error messages in the JTS log after the restart. If there is an issue with the public URI it should be logged int this file.

permanent link
Srikanth Bhushan (16942734) | answered Dec 03 '12, 2:29 a.m.

Guidelines for setting the public URI are as follows:

• If available, use a hostname, preferably a fully-qualified hostname. If your machine has no publicly known hostname, you can use the IP address.
  • The hostname must not include an underscore (_). If hostnames contain underscores, they must be changed to successfully implement the integration.
  • The chosen address or hostname must be visible and accessible to all clients and the collaborating servers. Do not use localhost or hostnames that are only known inside local networks.
  • Only access the Web UI with the chosen hostname, never an alias, especially when performing the configuration steps described below.
Important: Use a single, consistent way of addressing an application: All clients and collaborating applications must use that address. Do not use other aliases besides the chosen address.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.