It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem - Cannot set Required Approvals for a work item

Cliff Gardiner (921033) | asked Nov 30 '12, 12:18 p.m.
Hi all,

I'm configuring a fresh install of RTC 4.0.0.1 from my Eclipse client on Win XP.  I am attempting to create  Approval Tasks with one or two approvals mandated, but merely creating a new work item type seems to affect Operation Behaviour. 

What I see is that I create the work item type, category com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType, with no workflow, and add an E-Signature attribute.  I then go to Team Configuration/Operation Behaviour/Save Work Item(Everyone) and add the precondition Required Approvals.  I see my work item type in the list, but cannot edit it, or indeed any of the other work item types that don't have a workflow associated.  Before I added the new work item type, I could expand the work item types in the list and set required approvals on the various states.

Something is clearly wrong with either RTC or me but I can't work out what.  Amending permissions to ensure Everyone can save work items makes no difference.

If anyone has a clue as to what's going on I'd be glad to hear from them.
Thanks -
Cliff

One answer

permanent link
Cliff Gardiner (921033) | answered Dec 04 '12, 10:34 a.m.

My mistake was not to have a workflow associated with the work item type.  Should have been the default; set that and now all is well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.