It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing Design Manager on Existing CLM and JTS

Gan Yuen Jin (334) | asked Nov 30 '12, 3:41 a.m.
 Hi,

I am trying to install Design Manager (Software Architect) on an existing JTS. I am using WAS 7.0.0.25 and DB2 Enterprise 9.7. After installing the DM Server component, I deployed all the 3 war files (dm, vvc and rdmhelp) onto the same WAS profile which is running the JTS & CLM applications. 

After starting up the dm, vvc and rdmhelp application on WAS, I enter jts/setup and when I reach the register application page, it cannot auto detect to register application. When I click on Add Application, and when I point to the https://xxx:9443/dm/scr, it throws an error. When I manually enter the link on a browser, it throws HTTP 500 error..

Does anyone know why? I have followed the instructions to deploy the dm on WAR on the installation guide

2 answers

permanent link
JL Marechaux (199611) | answered Dec 12 '12, 12:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A safer option is to use the IBM Installation Manager. There is an option to specify that your want to install DM on an existing CLM/JTS .Then Installation Manager will do all the work so that you avoid manual (and error prone) copy and paste.

permanent link
Gan Yuen Jin (334) | answered Nov 30 '12, 4:45 a.m.
 Found out the problem already.. Jst needed to copy the all the contents from the conf folder into the existing JazzTeamServer conf folder.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.