It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Move workitem with attachment to another proj area but attachment turns to Unknown for other users

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Nov 30 '12, 2:13 a.m.
RTC4.0 used

Project Area A has member A and B, Project Area B has member A and C.
Create workitem with attachment by user A in PA A in Web UI, then move the workitem to PA B.
If I use user A to login to PA B, I can see attachment properly. If user C login to PA B, the same attachment turns to be Unknown and click on it will throw:

"CRJAZ1316I Illegal read access:  User \"bob\" attempted to read item(s) having the following type(s): Attachment"}
User A and B have the same roles.
In Eclipse client, when moving the workitem, it has option to move attachment as well. With this option, both
users have no problem in PA B. In Web UI, it seems something is related to the original owner of the workitem.
Is there any way for us to make user B able to access to the attachment moved from another project by another user(see above)?
Appreciate if there is any inputs.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 30 '12, 3:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Don, I had a quick look at it in my test environment because I suspected the issue is related to read access permissions and this revealed a problem. I filed work item 242981 for this.

It appears that if I use the Web UI to move the work item, the work item is moved to the new project, however the attachments are still governed by the access rights for the old project. If the user has only access to the project area the work item is moved to, the user has no access permissions to the attachment that was created in the other project area and that is what you are seeing,I guess.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 05 '12, 3:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The defect has been fixed in 4.0.1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.