It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which reporting packages should we install after upgrading from RRDI 1.0.2 to RRDI 2.0.1 when custom reports already exist?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Nov 29 '12, 5:36 p.m.
We just completed an upgrade from RRDI 1.0.2 to 2.0.1.   One of the final steps is Importing reporting packages after upgrading.

Our customer has custom reports from the previous version in their.  What packages should we be importing on CLM 4.0.1 into RRDI?  Do we replace the Data Models for RQM? 

The instructions just show you how to install them, but don't discuss the scenario when you upgrade an existing user with many custom reports.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Nov 29 '12, 11:35 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

When you upgrade to RRDI 2.0.1, you import the new "out of the box" reports and data models that ship with 2.0.1.  Importing the report packages do not overwrite existing custom reports.  You'll just want to make sure you point RRDI 2.0.1 to the same content store that 1.0.2 was using so that you can retain your custom reports and report server settings.  The only thing that will be overwritten when you import the report packages is the old data models and out of the box reports, while your custom reports will remain in place.  Hope it helps,
Michael Walker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Walker commented Nov 30 '12, 8:51 a.m.

It does help, thank you.  I assumed nothing would be overwritten, but wanted to verify before migrating our first customer.

One other answer

permanent link
Charlie Seo (22127) | answered Jan 14 '14, 11:31 p.m.
Hi Ben,
Bring older thread back to live~ :)

Excuse my lack of comprehension here but let me clarify this. You saying import custom report package does not overwrite custom reports? My case is from 2.0.1 to 2.0.5 and existing custom reports do not work. Is it something related to what you mentioned here? Pointing to the same content store? If you could elaborate a bit more, that would be appreciated

Comments
Benjamin Silverman commented Jan 15 '14, 12:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Charlie,

My point was that importing custom report packages only imports the OOTB reports we ship with the product.  If you have custom reports, they are not modified by importing the custom report packages.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.