It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Silent commandline update from 4.0.0.1 to 4.0.1 on Linux 64

Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | asked Nov 29 '12, 4:32 p.m.
retagged Dec 04 '12, 12:51 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
I successfully updated from 2.x to 3.x to 4.0.0.1 on the Linux 64 server. Everything works! Yeah! Now I am trying to go from 4.0.0.1 to 4.0.1 and nothing works. I get the following error:

ERROR: CRJAZ9007E - A new installation is required instead of an update.

This version of Jazz Team Server cannot be upgraded by using the Update wizard in Installation Manager.

Leave the current installation in place during the upgrade process and install the new version into a new Installation Manager package group. You can use the scripts that are provided with the new installation to transfer the configuration information from the old installation to the new one. For detailed information about upgrading your server, see the

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_upgrade_clm_overview.html">Upgrading the Jazz Team Server and CLM applications

help topic.

That error code does not exist even once on the entire Internet. The link goes to generic instructions for upgrading from older full releases, which I am not doing. Anything I've been able to find tells me to upgrade the same way as I did from 3.x to 4.x, but that does not appear to work for a silent Linux install. This is the command I tried:

cd /opt/app/jazzInstall/rtc4web/im/linux.gtk.x86

./userinstc -acceptLicense -dataLocation /tmp/silent-install/data -silent -showVerboseProgress -nosplash -input silent-install-server.xml

Just like before I have both the web and repository files and have configured the repository location in silent-install-server.xml to: /opt/app/jazzInstall/rtc4, which is where I put the repository files.

Note also that I have already gone from IBM Installation Manager 1.52 to 1.6, which is required for 4.0.1.

Any ideas how to get this patch done? Please don't direct me to the interactive install guide. Those instructions don't work.

Other system info:

One app server, all apps installed, Tomcat, no LDAP, MS SQL Server

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 30 '12, 2:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

did you read http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html ? The upgrade to 4.0.1 works similar to the upgrade to 4.0. or 4.0.0.1 you need to do an install to a new location and then run the upgrade scripts, as far as I can tell.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | answered Dec 03 '12, 5:42 p.m.
I forgot to change the folder name. Silly me. :)

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 03 '12, 6:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad you found it!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.