It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to display a RPE Report (RRDG) in RTC Widget

Erwin Kunz (94686986) | asked Nov 29 '12, 10:24 a.m.
edited Aug 13 '13, 4:56 p.m. by Jared Burns (4.5k29)
I would like to display the work allocation of a team on the team dashboard. I looked into BIRT and was not able to find all information needed (in APT I have only one assignment , and not as expected an assignment per time window )

I have created a RPE report in 4.0.0.1 and it works fine. But I would like to show this in a Widget.
I did the deployment as for a BIRT report, but no data are shown.

Any Idea

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Aug 14 '13, 2:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Edwin
My understanding is that dashboard viewlets (widgets), specifically the Reports widget is only for BIRT reports or RRDI reports. When a RPE template is imported into RTC, then a report document is created from that report resource, you can run it from the Reports dashboard. But, you will not find the report document in the listing provided to configure the reports viewlet.

See this screenshot:

Now, I am wondering if what you want to achieve can be done with any existing widgets available under the 'Plans' category of the Widget catalog. Here is a screenshot with all 3 Plan widgets available all configured with specific settings.
The widgets from left to right are (1) Plan view widget set to display the Work Breakdown structure, (2) Plan Statistics widget set to display the Product Backlog Grouped by Owner and (3) the Plans widget showing the overall progress of more than one team for a specific iteration.

I hope this answers your question. If so, please accept the answer.
Erwin Kunz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Aug 20 '13, 2:23 p.m.

Here is some additional background info.
In order for any report resource to show up in the report viewlet, it needs to be a micro report - that is, it must include the string "micro" in its identifier.  If I create a report resource from an RPE report, and add "micro", it does show up to be selected in the report viewlet.

However, I wouldn't say that we really support RPE reports on the dashboard properly.  There's a check in the viewlet code that only displays the report results if they contain an image, a table or an iframe - so if your RPE report contains only lists, for example, it wouldn't display in the viewlet.  The purpose of the restriction is for the viewlet to detect an empty report result and display a nice message instead of displaying a blank report. Right now, 'blank' is defined as some HTML that does not contain tables and images.

Erwin Kunz commented Sep 11 '13, 8:50 a.m.

The existing dashboards are not usable
I need something like

Team A
Member 1, 100% 1.10.13-1.12.13;80% 2.12.13 -1.12.14
Member 2, 100%

Rosa Naranjo commented Sep 11 '13, 9:47 a.m.

Erwin, can you enter an enhancement request? Try to sketch out what exactly you would like to see in the widget.  and then post the link to the workitem here please.

3 other answers

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Aug 13 '13, 4:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 26 '13, 10:40 a.m.
Erwin/Robert,

a solution was sketched up for RRDI-originated reports here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/103608/how-to-make-rrdi-reports-work-like-rtc-widgets. Haven't tested myself but the trick may work for a resource including "micro" identifier also helps for RPE reports.
(Updated Aug 26th) Please be aware that this use case may not be recommended nor supported (as suggested by Rosa).

Regards,
Stéphane

permanent link
Robert Myers (191116) | answered Aug 13 '13, 6:57 a.m.
I do not know the answer to your question.  But when I asked an RPE expert at Innovate 2013 how to do this, he said to use the Custom Report Widget though the blurb for that widget suggests that I use the Report Widget instead..  I am still looking for the answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Oct 19 '20, 6:46 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.