It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing delay between 2 executions of an asynchronous task

Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | asked Nov 29 '12, 8:07 a.m.
Hello,

I developped an asynchronous task that will be run every day.
To do that, I declared a property in the plugin descriptor :

<asynchronousTask taskId="myTaskID">
         <extensionService componentId="componentID" implementationClass="MyTask">
               <prerequisites>
                        <configurationProperties>
                                    <configurationProperty accessPolicy="OPEN" default="86400" description="myDescription" displayableName="MyDisplayName" name="myTaskID.fixedDelay" required="true" type="LONG" updatePolicy="NO_RESTART_REQUIRED">

When I install the plugin, I have to wait a whole day to know if it's working or not. I tried changing the property to 60 and wait a bit, but the task didn't run.

Is there a way to change the value of this property and appy this new delay in the scheduler without having to wait the planned execution of this task ?

Regards,
Sylvain

One answer

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Nov 30 '12, 7:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sylvain,

On the Application > Configuration > Advanced Properties page you should be able to find your property and change its value. Since you have it set to "no_restart_required" it should kick in right away. If that's what you already tried then I don't know what to tell you.

Comments
Sylvain LEQUEUX commented Dec 03 '12, 2:39 a.m.

Hello,

This is exactly what I've done. I changed this value to 30 and the task were not executed after waiting a few minutes. I think the property change is taken into account but, as the task is schedule for the day after, it will wait for the next execution before changing the delay.

Also, I'm pretty sure this property is well interpreted as I set a low value in the plugin.xml in my dev environment and see the task running.

Regards,
Sylvain

Jorge Diaz commented Jul 02 '13, 9:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sylvain,

yes, based on my experience, that is how I expect it to work. After the next execution, the scheduler will ask the task for the delay and use the new value for scheduling the next execution.

I wrote about custom tasks devel in: http://jorgediazblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/28/rtc-custom-scheduled-async-task-example-explained/

Regards,

Jorge.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.