It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error using RTC 4.0 jar files

Monali Jambhulkar (841639) | asked Nov 28 '12, 8:30 a.m.

Hi All,

We are trying to run RTC Java code using RTC Plain Java 4.0 jars files.

We are getting below error :

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Found two dtoEvolution elements with the same componentVersion value in bundle com.ibm.team.scm.common.

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ModelElementDescriptor$EvolutionDescriptorComponentVersionComparator.compare(ModelElementDescriptor.java:205)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ModelElementDescriptor$EvolutionDescriptorComponentVersionComparator.compare(ModelElementDescriptor.java:1)

at java.util.TreeMap.compare(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TreeMap.put(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TreeSet.add(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ModelElementDescriptor.processEvolutionElement(ModelElementDescriptor.java:70)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ModelElementDescriptor.processChild(ModelElementDescriptor.java:63)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor.processChildren(AbstractElementDescriptor.java:725)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor.<init>(AbstractElementDescriptor.java:60)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.AbstractComponentChildElementDescriptor.<init>(AbstractComponentChildElementDescriptor.java:30)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ModelElementDescriptor.<init>(ModelElementDescriptor.java:47)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ComponentElementDescriptor.processChild(ComponentElementDescriptor.java:262)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor.processChildren(AbstractElementDescriptor.java:725)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor.<init>(AbstractElementDescriptor.java:60)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ComponentElementDescriptor.<init>(ComponentElementDescriptor.java:39)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ComponentRegistry.handleExtensionAdded(ComponentRegistry.java:859)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ComponentRegistry.handleExtensionAdded(ComponentRegistry.java:1)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.util.ExtensionRegistryReader.basicHandleExtensionAdded(ExtensionRegistryReader.java:205)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.util.ExtensionRegistryReader.handleExtensionAddedToRegistry(ExtensionRegistryReader.java:624)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.util.ExtensionRegistryReader.addContributedExtensions(ExtensionRegistryReader.java:143)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.util.ExtensionRegistryReader.start(ExtensionRegistryReader.java:1132)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.util.ExtensionRegistryReader.earlyStart(ExtensionRegistryReader.java:318)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.util.ExtensionRegistryReader.<init>(ExtensionRegistryReader.java:114)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ComponentRegistry.<init>(ComponentRegistry.java:75)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ComponentRegistry.<clinit>(ComponentRegistry.java:47)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:71)

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.<clinit>(TeamRepositoryService.java:71)

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService(TeamPlatform.java:126)

Please let me know is there any problem with RTC 4.0 jar files ??

Thanks

Monali

Comments
Liora Milbaum commented Dec 21 '12, 9:03 a.m.

I am facing the same problem. Didn't find a solution yet.

Liora 

Sjors van der Gouw commented Jan 21 '13, 7:00 a.m. | edited Feb 25 '14, 9:31 a.m.

Hi, same problem here. Using RTC 4.0.0.1 (waiting for upgrade to 4.0.1) with Java 1.7.0_05

I used to have a NullPointerException with RTC 3.0.1 using Java 7, since RTC 3 did not support Java 7 (see Service request number 78048 211 788). So we waited for the upgrade to RTC 4 to start using the RTC ant targets from the build. And now the NullPointerException is changed in an IllegalStateException...

Any idea if this problem is solved with RTC 4.0.1?

Patrick LoPresti commented Jan 21 '13, 11:05 a.m.

Did you try Java 6?  (See my answer above)

As for your question, I am pretty sure I tried launching 4.0.1 and it worked fine with Java 7.  But where I work, we will not be upgrading our RTC servers for a while, and the 4.0.1 client requires a 4.0.1 server...

Michael Prentice commented Apr 23 '13, 3:37 p.m.

I see this same error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Found two dtoEvolution elements with the same c
omponentVersion value in bundle com.ibm.team.apt.common.

With RTC 4.0.1 when starting up Eclipse w/ the RTC 4.0.1 Plugin installed and using Java 7 build 21 (and previous Java 7 builds).

I need Java 7 support since I am working with the JavaFX features of Java 7. This error seems to have something to do with causing my Eclipse 4.2 and 4.2.2 launches to sometimes take 5+ minutes as it is the only exception that is thrown while starting up.

Denis Aristov commented Feb 25 '14, 7:10 a.m. | edited Feb 25 '14, 9:33 a.m.

Sorry, it is not an answer but I didn't find out how to comment...

In my case this error began to occur after an unsuccessful closing of Eclipse. After that Eclipse didn't start. After I switched to another workspace, it started well. So it seems that java version has nothing to do with it.

I always started eclipse with:
..\eclipse.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin" -data C:\workspace

sam detweiler commented Feb 25 '14, 7:18 a.m.

ava.lang.IllegalStateException: Found two dtoEvolution elements with the same componentVersion value in bundle com.ibm.team.scm.common.

this is a known error using java 7 with the older libraries.

Denis Aristov commented Feb 25 '14, 7:30 a.m.

Like I said everything worked before something went wrong by closing of Eclipse. Besides I see in the log file not only:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Found two dtoEvolution elements with the same componentVersion value in bundle com.ibm.team.scm.common.

but also

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Found two dtoEvolution elements with the same componentVersion value in bundle com.ibm.team.apt.common.

So I would say something broke in the workspace. It would be great to know which files to add/remove/edit to restore this. My workspace is to huge and I don't want to create it from scratch.

sam detweiler commented Feb 25 '14, 7:48 a.m.

did the system java change from the two executions of eclipse?  this is what happened to me, and some of my apps..

Denis Aristov commented Feb 25 '14, 7:59 a.m.

Again...
1) I always started Eclipse with the command
..\eclipse.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin" -data C:\workspace1

2) One day I closed Eclipse but it took too long. An error dialog was displayed but I didn't pay attention to it and closed it and Eclipse (didn't kill it via task manager).

3) The command from the step 1) didn't work after that. Eclipse just didn't start.
4) I used the same command but with another workspace whose projects are also under RTC and Eclipse started.

That's why I think that something went wrong in the workspace.
Now I think about how to continue my development in the first workspace. There is a lot of data. Not sure what is the quickest and easiest way to do it...

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 28 '12, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 28 '12, 3:46 p.m.
I have run my tools from the Plain Java Client Libraries for RTC 4.0 many many times. I usually use them included in the build path as user library in an Eclipse Java Project. I have never seen anything like this. 

I would suggest to check if your build path contains more than one version. I just ran the snippets from the snippet folder in the plain java client libraries (see Readme file in said folder) and all was well.

Comments
Liora Milbaum commented Dec 21 '12, 9:06 a.m.

Ralph, 

It shows when the build done through the command line.
I have an ant file which I use both in eclipse and in the command line. No error when using the same ant file from the eclipse. 
BTW, the application runs and completes its execution. 

Liora

permanent link
Patrick LoPresti (8859) | answered Dec 26 '12, 3:02 p.m.
I get the same error when I run Eclipse + RTC 4.0.0.1 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 system, which defaults to Java 7 (1.7.0).

The error goes away if I force Eclipse to use Java 6.  You can do this on the command line:
/opt/IBM/TeamConcert/eclipse -vm /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0/bin/java
...or you can add the same options to your eclipse.ini file.

For other ways to set the JVM, see the "Find the JVM" section of the Eclipse FAQ.

Comments
Liora Milbaum commented Dec 27 '12, 12:00 a.m.

It worked.  Thanks Patrick. 

Soham Deb Maiti commented Oct 09 '13, 3:16 a.m. | edited Feb 25 '14, 9:34 a.m.

I faced the same error. Earlier using jdk 7 to compile. now referred java 6. Issues resolved.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.