It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove test case which are not valid from execution console?

Ayan Paul (2552230) | asked Nov 28 '12, 6:57 a.m.
How to remove test case which are not valid from execution console?

I have added 10 testcases in a testsuite and started execution for the same, later I realised that i need to delete 2 test cases from the test suite which need not to be executed, but after deleting from test suite also I am able to see those in execution console. How to remove those?

2 answers

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Nov 28 '12, 8:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can open execution console. From there select those 2 test cases and click on "Cancel Run". After that refresh the suite execution console

Comments
Ayan Paul commented Nov 28 '12, 10:55 p.m.

Is it only cancel the run of those 2 test cases or will cancel the complete test suite run? in that case we will loose the data for which we have already executed. as per Promod's comment, i think only test cases can't be removed from a test suite execution which is not a good attribute.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Nov 28 '12, 11:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ayan,
What Subhajit suggested is you can cancel the current suite execution and start another fresh execution of the test suite. the new instance of the suite execution will contain latest set of testcases in the suite. Note that once execution has started, it does not consider further changes in test suite ,like adding or removing testcases, changing order of testcases etc.. And I think that make sense.

Comments
Ayan Paul commented Nov 28 '12, 10:56 p.m.

after the execution started if someone feels that some new test cases can be added/removed in the execution console, what is the way to do that?

Pramod Chandoria commented Nov 29 '12, 12:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Cancel current execution and start new execution again.

Ayan Paul commented Nov 29 '12, 4:04 a.m.

in that case whatever I have executed earlier those result will be lost..correct? and in the execution console again all remaining test cases present in test suite will be available for run. But I am suppose to execute only the remaining test cases.

Pramod Chandoria commented Nov 30 '12, 7:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can retrun the test suite and exclude all test cases which you don't want to run again. This feature is available from v4.0 onwards

Ayan Paul commented Aug 05 '13, 3:09 a.m.

but in this case you will be having multiple test suite for a single release whenever there is a change in test suite, which is not logical and not a feature for any industry standard tool.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.