It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we hide the user info in the discussion field of any work item?

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Nov 28 '12, 1:52 a.m.
RTC4001 used
In a workitem's discussion field, when any user adds their comments for discussion, the entry will have the user's id and hovering over the id will show the user related detailed info such email address etc.
1) is there any way to hide these info in the popup when hovering on the id within RTC(due to some security concerns)?
2) if RTC by default cannot do anything on it, is there any other way such as API etc allowing the user to hide those info? Thank you very much in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 28 '12, 4:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Don,

since it would defy the purpose of commenting, I would assume that it is not possible to do that.

I briefly looked into the API if it would be feasible to use an Advisor to look for the comments in the new state of the work item and to change the creator of the comment. There seems to be no method to change the creator of the comment however at that level of the API. I have no experience if it would be possible to us a lower level API to do this. I think it is unlikely.

The other thought I have with respect to this: all the user ID's are also visible in the work item history and I doubt you will be able to hide all that data too.

There would be various drawbacks in making the users anonymous, for example how should mail notification work?

What are the concerns? Would it make sense to disguise the user information on repository level, so that it is not trivial to identify the users?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.