It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

license issue when creating new synchronization rule

megha mittal (15112615) | asked Oct 24 '08, 4:51 a.m.
Hi,
I am working on item connector framework and when trying to save new synchronization rule in RTC .I see message permission denied.I am starting server through RTC and i have used ADMIN/ADMIN to login through RTC.

3 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Oct 24 '08, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note also that the user account you're using to edit synchronization rules must be given a Developer license.

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Oct 24 '08, 8:38 a.m.
Permissions to modify artifacts are defined in the process specification for your project area (and are referred to as "process permissions"). The built-in ADMIN user account is not granted any special process permissions, generally. In fact, it is recommended that you do not use the ADMIN account for normal administrative functions; it exists in order to bootstrap a new server setup so that you can create a "real" administrative account.

The process templates that are provided with Team Concert grant most permissions to all users (the Everyone role), so have you modified those permissions, or created your own process from scratch?

In any case, you define process permissions in the project area editor. Right-click on your project area in the Team Artifacts view and select Open. In the Overview page, add a user to the Members list with some role that you will grant the permissions to (you could add ADMIN if you like). Then in the Process Configuration page, expand the Project Configuration node in the tree, select Permissions under it, select the role you want to grant permissions to in the middle pane, then on the right, select the Permitted Actions. You should see "Item Connectors", with the actions "Delete Synchronization Rule Info" and "Save Synchronization Rule Info". Select both of those.

For more information on Jazz process concepts, see

https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/process/index.html

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

Hi,
I am working on item connector framework and when trying to save new synchronization rule in RTC .I see message permission denied.I am starting server through RTC and i have used ADMIN/ADMIN to login through RTC.

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Oct 24 '08, 8:26 a.m.
Can you post the exact error message you are seeing?

Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team

megham wrote:
Hi,
I am working on item connector framework and when trying to save new
synchronization rule in RTC .I see message permission denied.I am
starting server through RTC and i have used ADMIN/ADMIN to login
through RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.