It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to create JKE in 4.0.1

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8280269) | asked Nov 27 '12, 3:38 p.m.
edited Nov 27 '12, 4:17 p.m.
Windows server 2008 R2
derby
Express installation failed repeatably with the error message telling me to do a Custom Setup instead.

Custom install worked fine.

Logged in, went to create the sample project and got this:

Error creating the sample: com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0009E The request could not be completed, because a 403 Forbidden status was returned. The request URI was https://server.company.com:9443/rm/clmSampleProject. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJCA0009E.
hide details

Error Stacktrace:

com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0009E The request could not be completed, because a 403 Forbidden status was returned. The request URI was https://server.company.com:9443/rm/clmSampleProject. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJCA0009E.
at com.ibm.team.lpa.tasks.SampleValidationTask.validateApplicationRemote(SampleValidationTask.java:132)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.tasks.SampleValidationTask.runTask(SampleValidationTask.java:66)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.run(AbstractTask.java:56)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask$MonitoredSubTask.run(CompositeTask.java:124)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.LoggingCompositeTask.run(LoggingCompositeTask.java:37)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.AsyncTask$TaskRunner.run(AsyncTask.java:40)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:738)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0009E The request could not be completed, because a 403 Forbidden status was returned. The request URI was https://server.company.com:9443/rm/clmSampleProject. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJCA0009E.
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.handleError(AbstractTask.java:143)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.tasks.SampleValidationTask.validateApplicationRemote(SampleValidationTask.java:129)
... 8 more

I made no changes, and I don't know where (.../clmSampleProject) is coming from.

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Nov 27 '12, 4:45 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the answer below doesn't help, open a workitem against the LPA and attach all the logs (ccm, rm, admin, jts, qm)

7 answers

permanent link
Nhi P Ta (18841018) | answered Jan 09 '13, 1:02 a.m.
Hi Matus,

I had the same problem as you, using CLM Practitioner Floating License. However, I notice the the Adding of the license file did not take us to the screen to enter the number purchased.

So, in License Key Management section of /jts/admin page, there is a Floating License Server section, click on Edit and enter the number purchased. Now re-run the /admin/web/sample page

permanent link
Matus Gura (1736) | answered Dec 14 '12, 10:27 a.m.
 I had the same error when I was trying to create Money that Matters project. I have vmware image with JTS 4.0.1, derby - express installation, windows server 2008. My user had JazzAdmins permissions and Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution - CLM Professional - Floating license. 
I created another user with JazzAdmins permissions and activated for him RQM Quality Professional, RRC Analyst, RTC Developer. Then I restarted server and logged as my new admin user and succesfuly start sample creation. (I don't think all steps are needed)

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 30 '12, 6:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I had a similar problem - but my sample project appears fine.  I think (but can't confirm) that the new admin user I created did not have all the right license types assigned.  I activated the trial licenses - but suspect I did them in the order they appear, so some of the license were not at the right level.

The error appeared in the RM section, and I *think* this was the one where the new admin user was the wrong type.

I wonder if the sample creation script/code checks for the license levels before it starts.

anthony

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Nov 30 '12, 7:33 p.m.

Thanks for the comment, however my permissions after activation are:

Analyst
Quality Professional
Developer
CLM Practitioner

JazzAdmin

Anthony Kesterton commented Dec 01 '12, 6:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ok - just a thought.  BTW - does your sample work get created/exist after the error?

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Dec 03 '12, 9:25 a.m.

No, it stops and takes me back to the create option.

Anthony Kesterton commented Dec 03 '12, 11:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

OK.  I have since been looking at my sample project in more detail.  It appears to have missed out a lot of the testing elements - so there is something else going on here.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8280269) | answered Nov 28 '12, 12:26 p.m.
New VM, new jazz.net download, same results. I created a WI on this. Thanks for the help:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=242721

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Nov 27 '12, 11:39 p.m.
edited Nov 27 '12, 11:51 p.m.
Hi Sterling,

I just did a fresh 4.0.1 install on Windows server 2008 R2 with Derby and Express installation. I did not encounter any issues and sample project was created without any issues.

You issue sound like a case of installation went south but not sure what went wrong.

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Nov 28 '12, 11:46 a.m.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=242691

Fariz,

We did a fresh VM and new download. Still unable to do an Express install. (That's after doing 3 separate ones on Monday with 4.0.0.1)

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 27 '12, 10:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sterling,

When you say "Logged in, went to create the sample project" were you using the same admin account as you used for the install or a different user?

Typically 403 occurs if there are not the appropriate CALs assigned to that user, for example with RM the Analyst CAL has not been assigned.

If the CALs are assigned then try clearing the browser cache and active logins and try again to create the sample. If it still fails then, as Rosa, suggests raise a WI.

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Nov 27 '12, 11:07 p.m.

I logged in as ADMIN, then it shifted to "me". My user account was a JazzAdmin with Analyst,Quality and Developer assigned. I will test again in the morning as ADMIN, and then raise a WI if it fails and post here...

thanks

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Nov 27 '12, 4:43 p.m.
Hello Sterling
Check to see if you have any expired licenses.  See Creating a LPA project fails with error "Error instantiating the template: CRJCA0009E" (63553)

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Nov 27 '12, 7:03 p.m.

Hello,

This is a brand new install on a new VM, I was using it for demoing...(well, was going to use it for demoing) There was no upgrade at all.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.