It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we move a stream from one Project Area to another Project Area on same repository by changing Stream Owner?

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked Nov 27 '12, 1:53 p.m.
We setup our customers with a separate Project Area for scm components so we can better manage the access control.  One of our teams have their streams in this separate Project Area as well and they'd like to pull the streams back into the main Project Area where they manage their work items.

Is it possible to move the streams from one Project Area to another simply by renaming the Stream Owner and redoing the Flow Targets, or is there another way this needs to be done?

I looked on jazz.net and in the docs but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 28 '12, 7:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Michael,

I just tried it and the stream is now visible in the other project area. (I had to log off my Eclipse client to see the change in all project areas.). So you can apparently change ownership of the stream.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 28 '12, 8:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The flow targets don't have to be changed either. The project area doesn't affect workspace flow targets because it points directly to the streams.

The components can keep the same ownership if you want the same access privileges as before. The stream ownership will affect who can see the stream and component ownership will affect who can access the content in the component. Note that it is possible to have a component in a stream where the component owner and stream owner do not match.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.