It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Case Sort in Test Plan

Dan Whalen (3144) | asked Nov 26 '12, 5:20 p.m.
When a Test Plan is created and several Test Cases are added to the Test Plan there is an option to sort the Test Cases using the up and down arrows.  I can do that but when I save the Test Plan the order that I put them in goes away and it returns to the original order.  Is that the intention or am I doing something wrong?  I am using RQM 4.0

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Nov 28 '12, 11:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Okay I got it. This is a bug in v4.0 which has been fixed in Fixpack release v4001
See Testcase execution order is not shown correctly in testplan's testcase section (68829)
Dan Whalen selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Dan Whalen (3144) | answered Nov 27 '12, 11:50 a.m.

Sorry about the small screenshot but I hope it conveys what I am seeing.  It is QM 4.0

Comments
Pramod Chandoria commented Nov 28 '12, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I followed your steps with two test cases and showing only Id and name column. I still do not see any issue.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Nov 27 '12, 1:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This features works, make sure you have not clicked on any column to enable sorting on that column. There must be a triangle visible on the column if sorting is set on that column.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.