It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mail notification timer set to 24 hours?

Charlotte Harris (32912) | asked Nov 26 '12, 5:40 a.m.
We have a problem whereby the email notification for overdue work items are not working.  We back up and restart the jazz server every night apart from the weekends and I believe the mail timer notification which sends emails out to users with overdue work items must be set with a timer of 24 hours.

So when the server starts after its backup it sets the timer to 24 hours but when that time comes to send notifications out the server is down again for its backup. Where in jazz can I set this timer to 12hours?

Many thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Filip Wieladek (30413) | answered Nov 26 '12, 8:59 a.m.
 Hi Charlotte,

Are you referring to overdue approvals? If that is the case, you can change this value. To change the value navigate to the administrative page of your RTC instance

https://www.yoururl.com/ccm/admin

Then click on the Advanced Properties link

Please look for Approval Reminder Notification Send Interval (seconds). The default value is 86400 which corresponds to one day and would explain the observed behaviour. Change it to 43200 to make the check every 12h 
Charlotte Harris selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Charlotte Harris commented Nov 26 '12, 9:02 a.m.

Thanks thats what I was looking for

One other answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 26 '12, 8:09 a.m.
prior to version 4 the email notification delay cycle is 15 minutes,
in version 4 you can change it thru the ccm/admin advanced properties,

Mail Notification Send Interval (seconds)..

defaults to 15 minutes (900 seconds)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.