It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to change owner of workspace using SCM command ?

praveen patidar (8613244) | asked Nov 25 '12, 9:11 p.m.
Hello
I need to create bulk user workspaces and will have to assign them as owner. However I saw there is no option for the create workspace with owner specified as a other valid contributor. or there is no option to change the workspace owner using the scm command. I am using perl to automate these things. Can you please let me know if there is any option to do so?

Comments
Deepti Rao commented Jan 17 '13, 12:13 p.m. | edited Jan 17 '13, 1:37 p.m.

Hi Praveen.. We are trying to achieve the same thing. Did you have any luck. Could you please share.

Tim Mok commented Jan 17 '13, 1:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you tried my suggestion of the propertylist/propertyset subcommand for workspace?

Deepti Rao commented Jan 17 '13, 2:43 p.m.

The only command on property is

scm property <get|list|remove|set>  <files..> and not on workspace? 

2 answers

permanent link
praveen patidar (8613244) | answered Jan 17 '13, 5:33 p.m.
Hello

I think the feature is available in RTC 4.0.1 scm. command.

try below command on the RTC 4.0.1 and let me know the results.

lscm workspace propertylist -r myrepository workspaceNameAliasOrUUID lscm workspace propertyset -r myrepository ownedby "new _owner" workspaceNameAliasOrUUID

Comments
Deepti Rao commented Jan 17 '13, 5:35 p.m.

:( We are still on 3.x

praveen patidar commented Jan 17 '13, 6:15 p.m.

Hello ,

Then you have to go for creation of workspace using the actual user only. send me your use case, may be I will give you best fit answer.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 26 '12, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The command line has the "propertylist" and "propertyset" subcommands to set these values.

lscm workspace propertylist/propertyset

Using those, you can see the current properties of a workspace and set them to new values.

Comments
praveen patidar commented Nov 26 '12, 4:56 p.m.

I have tried the property command as well but not able to get the property file for the workspace .

Tim Mok commented Nov 27 '12, 9:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you elaborate about your use of the property subcommand? What sort of output do you get when you try to get the properties or set them?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.