It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need Help With Build Engine / Build Profile

Michael Iles (312) | asked Nov 21 '12, 2:54 p.m.
 (RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix8)
I've installed the 'Build System Profile', defined a build engine, defined a build profile. I'm trying to build a 'hello world' project with one source file that generates a .jar. When I try to build the profile I get the output below. I don't really know where to start. There's no 'README.md' file in the component I'm trying to build... so it seems to be pulling in other components? Any advice appreciated.

Mike.

---

2012-11-20 23:32:33 [Jazz build engine] running on host: iwd-lpar-85

2012-11-20 23:32:33 [Jazz build engine] Should build occur?

2012-11-20 23:32:33 [Jazz build engine] Yes: Always build a user initiated request.

2012-11-20 23:32:34 [Jazz build engine] Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm"

Accepting changes into workspace "Test Build Stream for ME / iwd-lpar-85" ...

Deleting fetch destination "/tmp/me-build" before fetching ...

Fetching files to fetch destination "/tmp/me-build" ...

com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility$2: Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=2 

Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories. 

null children=[Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=204 README.md 

(collides with other components being loaded) null Status 

WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=204 .classpath (collides with other components being loaded) 

null Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=204 build.sh 

(collides with other components being loaded) null Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client 

code=204 .settings (collides with other components being loaded) null 

Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=204 .project (collides with other components being loaded) null Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=204 src (collides with other components being loaded) null]

at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(SourceControlUtility.java:365)

at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:193)

at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:628)

at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:466)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

Contains: README.md (collides with other components being loaded)

Contains: .classpath (collides with other components being loaded)

Contains: build.sh (collides with other components being loaded)

Contains: .settings (collides with other components being loaded)

Contains: .project (collides with other components being loaded)

Contains: src (collides with other components being loaded)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 22 '12, 8:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I assume you are talking about setting up a build engine and a build definition.

I am not sure what happens with your build. There is an issue when loading the files from the repository workspace or stream. There are overlaps. I have to guess why. Do you have more than one component in the repository workspace/Stream that you try to load that have the same project name? Can you load the build workspace manually to disk?
Did you specify / as the load directory? You should rather use a different one for example /tmp/build or use a relative path.

Otherwise you could check if there is no overlap with another sandbox (which could probably happen if you loaded to /). I would check that there is no .jazz5 file in any of the folders of the path /tmp/.

A good approach is also to set up a test system and look into the MTM example: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_install_sample_project.html

It comes with a working build that you could look into for inspiration.

Michael Iles selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Spencer Murata commented Nov 27 '12, 12:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Judging from the errors, my guess would be that you are reusing the same build sandbox between projects.  The commonly named existing files e.g. the src folder that were previously loaded, collide with the incoming files.  Use unique build sandboxes for each project and you should be okay.

One other answer

permanent link
Michael Iles (312) | answered Dec 18 '12, 9:44 a.m.
 Thank-you for your answers. We went back and rebuilt the environment more rigorously, with a dedicated user account for builds and it's now working properly. I'm not sure exactly what was causing the errors above but we're past that now. Your responses helped.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.