It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to setp a second ccm server from the zips instead of IM?

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Nov 21 '12, 10:00 a.m.
I am on a slow internet link (2mbps down) and try to minimize size of things downloaded..

I want to run 4.0.1 rc3, and have downloaded the plain zips for ccm/jts, not the installation manager

server 1 is up and running fine.. but how do I do sever 2?

I did the last (4.0) setup with Installation manager..

anyone have any ideas?  the zip starts up a second JTS..

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 21 '12, 10:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I fail to understand your question Sam. Maybe I am missing something.

Here my experience. If you have the IM repository downloaded, unzipped and pointed IM to the repo, you can simply install any additional product, if you skip the warning and select a different installation folder.

If you want to install only a second CCM to run with the same JTS, you would need to follow the help in http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_choose_different_context_root.html to do that, I think.  

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 21 '12, 10:46 a.m.
i do NOT have the IM install ZIP.. I have the jts/ccm zip

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/milestones/4.0.1RC3/JTS-CCM-keys-Win4.0.1RC3.zip

the IM zip is 1.7gig, the jts/ccm zip is 628 meg

I don't need/want QM,RM.. its slow bits to download where I am.

(I know how to do this with the IM install zip)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 21 '12, 11:07 a.m.
Ah, OK, new feature. I have not tried that. From the past, I suppose you have to unzip in a different folder if you want to use this twice. And you can't change the context root either. You would have to make sure to change the ports on tomcat, if you want to run another ccm in parallel.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 21 '12, 11:28 a.m.
yes, (my instances are on port 9743, and 9843) then you run server:port/jts/setup.. oops.. on the second instance you don't do that as it won't have a jts.. but what DO you do on the second instance? just server-statup.bat  starts JTS on the second instance..  already in trouble..

I have a dual ccm setup running on 4.0, but it was setup with IM.

I am 1 hour into the 1.7gig download, 3 hours to go.
I can't use the web installer as the downloads don't always finish..

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 12:11 p.m. | edited Nov 21 '12, 12:11 p.m.

Sam, please note that also 9009 (shutdown port) and 9080 are conflicting.

Try to run the second CCM and then run the first JTS's setup. Register the new CCM. If you can't, run the second CCM's setup (ccm/setup) and set the public URI and database etc - not the DW. Then stop and retry to register it to the JTS.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.