It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

log file created by build engine

Natsumi Yokoyama (209386101) | asked Nov 21 '12, 4:39 a.m.
  • Is there any document about log files created by RTC build engine?
For example, I found below log file on my test machine. Although I checked InfoCenter,but I could not find specificatioin about RTC build engine's log files.
/opt/IBM/TeamConcertBuild/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/build-1310365053885.log
  • Does anyone knows how often this file, "butd-**.log"  is created or updated? Is it possible to change rotation rule of this log file?
I need to know when this kind of file is designed to be created. I'm planning activities for maintenance RTC server and RTC's build server  with my customer.

Thank you !

Natsumi

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 21 '12, 6:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Natsumi,
I'm not 100% certain, but my hunch is that you've found the build-**.log files associated with each build result.  If you open a build result, go to the Logs tab, and expand <no component>, you'll likely see a build-**.log file.  Are the build-**.log files associated with build results the same ones that you've found?  If so, these are generated whenever a build is run.

Comments
Daniel martin commented Dec 19 '12, 2:41 p.m.

The build-*.log is created every time the jbe accepts/fetches the work space.  My question is there any way to prevent this from happening?  I recently went through the painful task of removing 28K of those log files.  If we can't prevent them from being created can we determine the log file name so that it can be deleted post build?

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Dec 28 '12, 10:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know of a way to prevent the build-***.log files from being created or to determine the log file name, but it could be possible. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.