It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Testcase name length - increase from 250 to 300 ?

Chris Ruhl (145) | asked Nov 20 '12, 1:39 p.m.
edited Nov 20 '12, 1:40 p.m.
Hello!
I am trying to cut and paste some test cases between RQM servers.
On one case - I hit this error:

Validation errors for item: type = TestCase, itemId = [UUID _BPI_sTM-EeKN2soEeOS3TA]
Value of attribute "name" is 280 bytes, which is greater than the allowed encoded length of 250 bytes.

Is there a way to increase the allowable size of the 'name' attribute ?

Any in put would be appreciated!

-chris

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Nov 20 '12, 2:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Chris,
I'm pretty sure this is not configurable; I believe the Test Case name attribute is defined as a 'SMALL' string which equates to 250 bytes. From an end users perspective, I don't believe there is a way to change this.
Someone else may chime in who has access to the source but I'm pretty sure this is hard coded

Ara

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Nov 20 '12, 11:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes Ara is correct, The maximum length for any field is defined at database level and can not be change by configuration. Often the field length are choose carefully with appropriate length it might need.

In this case when you are creating a Test case name with more then 250 character, I think you are loosing the readability here. Detailed name can be provided in description. Name should be short enough to be consumable by human brain. Just my perception

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.