It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Excel Importer: error message after user validation

Judith Leick (8156) | asked Nov 20 '12, 11:52 a.m.
Once I'm validating my RQM user by:
- clicking on RQM in the Excel Toolbar
- selecting "Export to Repository"
- entering the host, username and pwd
- click on "validate"

I'm getting an error message stating: Invalid server, user name or password!
I'm using the Excel Importer Version 3.0.1.3 along with MS Office 2003 and Windows XP. A colleague has the same installation and is able to login.

What does this error message mean? In the web client I'm able to login with my credentials.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Nov 20 '12, 2:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Judith,

Are you trying to connect to QM via HTTP or HTTPS? There was a past defect in which you would encounter this type of a message if you were referencing a non secure URL. It should have been addressed in the 3.0.1.3 but it would be interesting to know if that is what you are doing to encounter this issue.

Ara

Judith Leick commented Nov 21 '12, 4:33 a.m.

Hi Ara,

I'm connecting via HTTPS.

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Nov 21 '12, 8:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Judith,
when you mentioned that you can access RQM server through web client, does the web client on the same server with the office that installed the RQM Excel Importer?
if so, would you please try with the Excel Importer 3.0.1.5? and if you met the same problem you can attach the debug.log.

Comments
Judith Leick commented Nov 22 '12, 3:26 a.m.

Hi Hao,
I'm running the RQM Excel Importer on my local thinkpad. The RQM server is installed on another machine.
Nevertheless I tried your recommended version, but I'm still facing the same problem.

Hao Wan commented Nov 23 '12, 11:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

would you attach the MSO2RQM_debug.log in the forum?

Ara Masrof commented Nov 26 '12, 7:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hao,

Do you see the list of projects in drop down box? If so, were any of these projects renamed at some point? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.