It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

REPOTOOLS Is there a detailed list of all options?

Mark Ireland (26115748) | asked Nov 20 '12, 6:30 a.m.
HI,

We are looking at the various repotools options to resolve a DW issue, but there seems to be a lack of documentation. Is there a list of all the options and what they do please, rather than just the -help screens.

Thanks

Mark.

Accepted answer

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Nov 20 '12, 6:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Mark

I agree that the repotools has hardly any documentation in the public documentation, we need to improve it.

I use the following workaround, I am not sure if you too would like it.
I usually run the repotools-<appName>.bat and point it to a txt file to get all the possible arguments, that could be used. Not the best option, but very handy option to get all the possible options.

Eg:
Using the command prompt, cd to <Install_dir>\server directory
run the command "repotools-jts.bat > repotools-JTS_options.txt"
the resulting file that will be created in the server directory will have all the arguments.

Although the documentation is not detailed, the listing is pretty self-explanatory. You would want to repeat this to other apps to get application specific arguments.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 30 '14, 3:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is the best option anyway. I am faster looking there than searching in the help.

2 other answers

permanent link
Ruben Sousa (065) | answered Oct 29 '14, 10:14 a.m.
Any updates on the public documentation of repotools?

Thanks

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Oct 29 '14, 12:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ruben,

This may help

N Z commented Oct 29 '14, 7:52 p.m.

Clear documentation is imperative. A couple of problems we found (undocumented):

1. Not all options work with all versions, something that was introduced in one version many no longer work in a subsequent version. In fact, it makes not sense to have the option available. The team seem to have a problem obsoleting options.
2. It doesn't always do what you expect, make no assumptions about the tool and the options, we've been caught out before expecting it to do one thing, but having it do another.

Clear documentation would have alleviated some of the problems we've had, however, I'd like to see a better tool.

permanent link
Ruben Sousa (065) | answered Oct 30 '14, 8:05 a.m.
Thanks Ralf and Ara for the replies.
Both were helpful.

Cheers,
Ruben

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.