It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a Pending Changes report?

Danny Beerens (801827) | asked Nov 19 '12, 11:40 a.m.
edited May 28 '16, 4:42 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 Is there a (BIRT) report that can report on the difference in change sets between streams, like the Pending Changes view can?
Does anyone know of such a report?
If someone has such a report, are you willing to share?

2 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Nov 28 '12, 9:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Danny, given the complexity of the SCM storage model, we currently expose only a limited set of the SCM artifacts to BIRT.

Comments
Kaushambi Singh commented Mar 23 '13, 6:13 a.m.

Hello, I do have a similar question, can we generate report comparing files in a component on 2 streams in BIRT ?

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 23 '13, 12:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe your best approach is to use the "scm compare" operation to collect the data, and then use your favorite formatting tool to transform that data into the form you want.

Comments
Kaushambi Singh commented Mar 25 '13, 7:26 a.m. | edited Mar 25 '13, 7:37 p.m.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply. By "scm compare" did you mean using "scm compare" command from RTC command line interface ? If  Yes then I had simlilar thought over it. BUt again my question from command line how can I bring the ouput in a report format. Please throw some more light on this.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 25 '13, 7:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, I meant the "scm compare" command from the RTC command line.   I've only experimented with the command line, so am not an expert, but, there is a "--json" option with should make the output more parseable.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.