It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM- Built In Feature - Create a Requirement

R Z (1273252) | asked Nov 19 '12, 8:53 a.m.

Hello,

One of my project they don't want to use RRC for Requirements, The current setup is of LPA (RRC-RTC-RQM, all Integrated).

I have suggested them to move out of LPA and go for RQM- Built in Feature (That is what they need).

Had a question? I know it is possible on ver 2 series, Is it possible on Ver 3 or 3.0.1 series.

Thanks

Regards,

HitMan

2 answers

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Nov 19 '12, 10:07 a.m.
 Hello,

I believe this feature is no longer available post v2. Requirements are handled in RRC, and work items are all handled with the RTC engine. (Which I am glad.) With their RQM Quality Professional license, they can just use a "simplified" RRC setup to mimic RQM's old requirements feature, but that requires some customization.

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Nov 19 '12, 11:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the 3.x online help there is a section titled : Rational Quality Manager version 3 upgrade considerations
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_upgrade_rqm_overview.html

There is some useful information here regarding how requirements are handled going forward as of 3.x

In Rational Quality Manager version 2, you could manage requirements locally within the tool itself or in an external requirements provider. In version 3, your options are as follows:

• If you previously managed requirements within the tool itself, those requirements can be migrated to the associated Requirements Management (RM) application in version 3, where they can be viewed using the Quality Management (QM) application. You can no longer create new requirements within Rational Quality Manager. For details about migrating internal work item-based requirements, see Migrating work-item-based requirements.
  • If you previously managed requirements using Rational RequisitePro, you will still be able to do so in version 3. These requirements will be visible in the associated test plan. TheRational RequisitePro integration has been strengthened considerably in this release, with changes to the way the integration is configured and changes to the user interface. For details, see Integrating with Rational RequisitePro.
  • If you previously managed requirements using Rational DOORS, you will still be able to do so in version 3. For details, see Integrating with Rational DOORS.
  • If you previously configured Rational Requirements Composer version 2 as your requirements provider, you can continue to use version 2 or you can upgrade to the Requirements Management (RM) application in version 3.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.