It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are the biggest advantages of RTC?

lara Pommerening (1525) | asked Nov 19 '12, 6:10 a.m.

In your opinion what are the advantages of RTC, what is best in this tool,

what are features of this tool?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 19 '12, 6:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC is a fantastic tool because it is so configurable.  You can configure RTC to match your processes; there are built-in options you can use or you can write your own scripts.  RTC works great for both small and large teams.

One of the major reasons people like RTC is because it seamlessly integrates with our other Jazz based tools like Rational Requirements Composer (requirements) and Rational Quality Manager (testing), so you can easily manage the entire lifecycle of your project--not just development.  RTC utilizes OSLC, so it can integrate with other tools that utilize OSLC even if they aren't IBM products.

The major features of RTC are task tracking, source control, and Agile planning.  A feature overview is available at https://jazz.net/products/rational-team-concert/#features.
lara Pommerening selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ginny Ghezzo (33311117) | answered Nov 19 '12, 3:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Laraue,
What a great forum topic!    Are there certain areas you are particularly interested in?   planning? change management?   reporting?   I look forward to hearing what others answer.  

I am not currently doing code development, so for me, the feature I like best is the Web interface.   I can get the dashboards, queries and work items I need quickly, from any computer.   I also like that with little effort, I can get to the information I am interested in through queries and display them how I want them through personal dashboards.

Thanks,
-Ginny

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.