It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can the RTC 4.0 plug-in(operation participant) development enviroment be setup in 32bit Win7?

haizi wu (6054248) | asked Nov 19 '12, 3:46 a.m.
 I have a 32bit Win7 pro, I want to setup the RTC 4.0 operation participant development enviroment on it, and actually, I got the CLM 4.0 installed according to the RTC 4.0 Extension Workshop succesfully, but after that I have a lot problems, I can't get through the whole jts/setup, and got the out of memery problem when I debug the RTC Client
So I doubt that is the developemtn enviroment able to be setup in 32bit operaton system

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 19 '12, 5:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have never tried that. I would assume you have to explicitly install the 32 bit version of everything. I am not sure what will happen if you want to use the repotools to import the data if you run the extensions workshop.

Another concern on 32 bit could be memory consumption and the lack of available memory.

haizi wu commented Nov 19 '12, 5:58 a.m.

that quite right for the my situation, by the way the importing is successful, now I have to focu on the jts/setup process, I can not finish it, when I go to the last certain step, It give me a lot of message in the tomcat cmd window and a lot of heapdump and log files in the jts server directory, I know that indicated something wrong with the memory consumption, I am trying to adjust the server.startup.bat file like this:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xmx1500M
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms1200M
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xmn300M

but I still can not get through the  jts/setup process, how to resolve this problem, is it possible to resolve this problem? 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 19 '12, 6:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Haizi,

I am wondering, about the steps. I think you need to run the setup for the server first. Then import the databases. The setup makes sure the teamserver.properties fit what the import needs.

If you run this limited configuration, you might want to install only JTS and CCM. I am not sure which memory options you should use. I would start with the ones you had originally and then reduce them. Maybe some error in the logs can tell you which one has the issue.

Comments
haizi wu commented Nov 19 '12, 6:59 a.m.

Yes, you are right, I should run setup first, and then import the databases, but every time I can not get through the jts/setup, so I import the databases even with some errors in the setup process, it succeed

I will make another installation with only JTS and CCM and try again

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.