It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why RQM 2.0 CPU usage is too high (almost 100%)?

Cesar Sasaki (511285124) | asked Nov 15 '12, 8:57 a.m.
Hi,
I have been using RQM 2.0 in a server almost 2 years ago. And recently I'm having trouble with the performance. The users are complaining that the RQM is running slowly and sometimes even not running. What I do is reset the Server and the Tomcat is in a scheduled task so it gets up.
At first Tomcat java process has like 700 mb , and the RQM runs smoothly but with the pass of the days it becomes almost 1900 mb! Going the cpu usage to 100%.

Any ideas on how can I prevent this? Or why did this happen?

One answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Nov 15 '12, 11:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To determine what's happening you'll need to take a look at the usage patterns to see what has been changed.  Things to look are 1) Is the umber of users increasing or is the usage of the tool increasing?  2) Has the number of artifacts in use increased? RQM 2.0 is very sensitive to the number of artifacts returned to the UI in the tables.  If this number gets high it will effect the server. 

In RQM 2.0.1 the client server interaction was re-written to make working with large numbers of artifacts much more efficient.  There have also been many performance improvements that have been added to the releases since 2.0.  I would consider upgrading the server.

It's also worth looking at hardware.  If usage is growing the hardware that was adequate 2 years ago may no longer be up to the task.  For 2.0 here's a guide to look at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/10/serversizingguide/index.html.  There are similar articles for more recent servers if you choose to upgrade.

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Nov 15 '12, 2:51 p.m.

Yes we have likeĀ  5000 test cases and 488 Test plans!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.