It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI configuration setup - Cognos

Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | asked Nov 14 '12, 10:08 a.m.
Hi there,

again I'm facing a problem when trying to running the configuration setup of RRDI.
I'm using this documentation to install / setting up the RRDI on a "three server topology" - means one server for CLM one server for the MSSQL database and one server for RRDI:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_prereq_verify_clm_config.html

I'm stuck in the configuration setup step 6 - "Build and Deploy Reporting Components"

At the moment he fails with this error:
CRRA2084E

In the cogserver.log this is written:
10.0.32.196:9090    2992    2012-11-14 15:37:08.704    +1                    server.startup : 0    LOGSV    6235    1    server.Audit.IPF    StartService    LogService        Success        <parameters><item name="Port"><![CDATA[9362]]></item><item name="Mode"><![CDATA[UDP]]></item><item name="Secure"><![CDATA[FALSE]]></item></parameters>
10.0.32.196:9090    2992    2012-11-14 15:37:26.236    +1    Initialization_SESS    Initialization_REQ            Thread-46    CM    6235    1    Audit.cms.CM    StartService            Warning        CM-SYS-5242 Background task manager is not running.
10.0.32.196:9090    2992    2012-11-14 15:37:26.236    +1    Initialization_SESS    Initialization_REQ            Thread-46    CM    6235    1    Audit.cms.CM    StartService            Warning        CM-CFG-5063 A Content Manager configuration error was detected while connecting to the content store.  CM-CFG-5121 Content Manager is unable to update the content store database schema because Content Manager is starting in standby mode. The active Content Manager URL is http://rtcmu.rsint.net:9081/reporting/servlet.
10.0.32.196:9090    2992    2012-11-14 15:37:26.236    +1    Initialization_SESS    Initialization_REQ            Thread-46    CM    6235    1    Audit.cms.CM    StartService    ContentManagerService        Failure        CM-SYS-5007 Content Manager build 10.1.6235.601 failed to start! Review the Content Manager log files and then contact your system administrator or customer support.
10.0.32.196:9090    2992    2012-11-14 15:37:26.549    +1    pogoStartup    na    na    0    Thread-46    DISP    6235    1    Audit.Other.dispatcher.DISP.com.cognos.pogo.services.DispatcherServices    StartService    relationalMetadataService        Success       
10.0.32.196:9090    2992    2012-11-14 15:37:26.642    +1    pogoStartup    na    na    0    Thread-46    DISP    6235    1    Audit.Other.dispatcher.DISP.com.cognos.pogo.contentmanager.coordinator.CMBootstrap    getActiveContentManager    ContentManager        Failure    <messages><message><messageString>DPR-CMI-4006 Unable to determine the active Content Manager. Will retry periodically.</messageString></message></messages>   
10.0.32.196:9090    2992    2012-11-14 15:37:26.642    +1    pogoStartup    na    na    0    Thread-46    DISP    6235    1    Audit.Other.dispatcher.DISP.pogo    pogo    com.cognos.pogo.contentmanager.coordinator.ActiveCMControl        Failure    <messages><message><messageString>DPR-DPR-1035 Dispatcher detected an error.</messageString></message><message><messageString>null</messageString></message></messages>    DPR-CMI-4007 Unable to perform an active Content Manager election on the local IP node. For more information, see the dispatcher and Content Manager detailed logs. Ensure that the local Content Manager service is started.null com.cognos.pogo.pdk.dom4j.Dom4jSoapFaultException     at com.cognos.pogo.pdk.dom4j.Dom4jEnvelopeFactory.createSoapFaultException(Dom4jEnvelopeFactory.java:70)     at com.cognos.pogo.pdk.dom4j.Dom4jEnvelopeFactory.createSoapFaultException(Dom4jEnvelopeFactory.java:26)     at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.BIBusCommand.handleResponse(BIBusCommand.java:442)     at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.BIBusCommand.processResponse(BIBusCommand.java:243)     at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.BIBusCommand.executeCommand(BIBusCommand.java:204)     at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.BIBusCommand.execute(BIBusCommand.java:190)     at com.cognos.pogo.contentmanager.StandbyContentManagerElectionCommand.executeIfLocal(StandbyContentManagerElectionCommand.java:53)     at com.cognos.pogo.contentmanager.coordinator.ActiveCMControl.sendElectCommand(ActiveCMControl.java:230)     at com.cognos.pogo.contentmanager.coordinator.ActiveCMControl.startTimer(ActiveCMControl.java:175)     at com.cognos.pogo.contentmanager.coordinator.ActiveCMControl.startupFindCM(ActiveCMControl.java:142)     at com.cognos.pogo.contentmanager.coordinator.RuntimeInfoPublishHandler.start(RuntimeInfoPublishHandler.java:113)     at com.cognos.pogo.services.DefaultHandlerService.start(DefaultHandlerService.java:94)     at com.cognos.pogo.services.DispatcherServices.startInititalServices(DispatcherServices.java:389)     at com.cognos.pogo.transport.PogoServlet$PogoStartup.run(PogoServlet.java:693)     at com.cognos.pogo.util.threads.SafeThread.safeRun(SafeThread.java:70)     at com.cognos.pogo.util.threads.SafeThread.run(SafeThread.java:61)

When navigating to the reporting website I receive the following error:
DPR-ERR-2109

When I open the cognos configuration and click on "Test" for the Content Manager I can see that this test is successful:
ContentManager

At the moment I cannot find the "dispatcher and Content Manager detailed logs" - where to search for them?

Greetings,
Simon

2 answers

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Nov 19 '12, 2:23 a.m.
I just wanted to tell you that this problem is solved now.

What is the solution exactly?
I think there where more then one thing which caused in addition this problem.
The first was that the reporting server used another port then the cognos server. During the configuration you are able to tell the cognos to validate the default port - this was not successfull in my case. So I used another port which could be validated.
This seemed to confuse the server so he started the cognos on the new port, but this was not working because he thought of another port ...
To eliminate this problem I searched for the cause of the validation error at the beginning and found it as a second WebSphere Profile. After removing this profile and uninstalling / installing the RRDI again this default port was possible to use.

Other things I fixed where:
- The collation of the RICM database was incorrect. So I removed it and created it new.
. There was another RRDI installation (v1) on another server this installation seemed to prevent my new installation from using the RICM database. I removed it.
- The user was not possible to connect to the database though he could connect using the cognos configuration. I tried using a local user, a domain user, a local SQL Server user even with a complex and a simple password. This user was never possible to log on during deployment. So I used another user in the end.

The user login problem was checked before the other things where done so it was not the only problem.

After all things where done together it worked.

Greetings,
Simon

permanent link
Ali Manji (59147) | answered Nov 14 '12, 2:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Simon,

Can you have a look at this technote (http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21571601)  to see if it resolves your issue?

Some caveats when following the steps in the technote:

1) For RRDI, c10_location would be <RRDIInstallDir>/cognos
2) If you installed with a 64-bit architecture, then look in the bin64 directory instead of the bin directory AND look for bootstrap_win64.xml instead of bootstrap_win32.xml

regards,
Ali

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Nov 15 '12, 3:40 a.m.

Thanks for your answer Ali, but this doesnt work ...

any other ideas?

Simon Eickel commented Nov 15 '12, 4:10 a.m.

just one more information. This is the Tomcat Output while trying to deploy the reporting:
Tomcat Message

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.