It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I define a ValueSet Enumeration provider for smallString source attribute?

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Nov 12 '12, 5:00 a.m.
 Hi,
I'd like to use the out of the box Value Set Provider in order to filter the value of an enumeration based on the value of another attribute. This works well with attribute sources that are enumeration, or category or something like this but I'd like to configure it using string value attribute. In this case there is not a graphic interface but it says that I can configure it from the sources. I've tried with this:

<valueSetProvider id="com.ibm.team.workitem.valueproviders.VALUE_SET_PROVIDER._l_M-kCp0EeKWC7o3W1vz1g" name="ProcessAction Value Set from String Attribute" providerId="com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.attributeValueSetProviders.FilteredValueSetProvider">
<mapping dependentEnumeration="com.ubis.costumized.enumerations.processAction" sourceAttribute="testAttribute" sourceEnumeration="smallString"/>
<value>
<literal id="com.ubis.costumized.enumerations.processAction.literal.l50"/>
<literal id="com.ubis.costumized.enumerations.processAction.literal.l43"/>
</value>
<value content="example1">
<literal id="com.ubis.costumized.enumerations.processAction.literal.l51"/>
<literal id="com.ubis.costumized.enumerations.processAction.literal.l49"/>
<literal id="com.ubis.costumized.enumerations.processAction.literal.l48"/>
</value>
<value content="example1">
<literal id="com.ubis.costumized.enumerations.processAction.literal.l52"/>
<literal id="com.ubis.costumized.enumerations.processAction.literal.l41"/>
</value>
</valueSetProvider>

but it does not work (also for the default value) and it seems to not log any error.

Have someone else try it?

Thanks,
Michele

2 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 13 '12, 5:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Michele,
you may want to read this article - https://jazz.net/library/article/1003/#calc-values
and check on the calculated values section.
Hope this helps.

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Nov 19 '12, 3:07 p.m.

Ok, I've find the error. <mapping> must be closed after all the <value> tags.

Now it works.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.