It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Associate executed TER's to test plan

Rajat Singh (59833545) | asked Nov 12 '12, 2:50 a.m.
Hi All

We are using RQM 3.0.1.
Is there a way to associate already executed TER's to a test plan.
In our environment, we have a set of test cases that were already executed without associating to test plan.

Now when we pull out a report to check the total number of test cases, it does not show under the test plan (which is expected).
However, we have now linked these test cases under the test plan. The report still shows no records as the TER's are not linked to this test plan.

How do we associate the TER's to the test plan?

Best Regards
Rajat

2 answers

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Nov 12 '12, 7:13 a.m.
Hi Lauren

Yes, we definately can chnage the tesplan for new TER's or non executed ones.

However, I was looking for an option to associate the already executed ones.
If we have to create new TER's then, will again have to re-run those test cases to get the results which is an overhead.

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Pramod Chandoria commented Nov 12 '12, 12:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is not allowed as of today. I can understand that Testcases were executed without proper TCER planning. Submit a request if this is something important. Note that Changing Test plan for TCER will move all associated results to the new test plan

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 12 '12, 6:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajat,

For TERs that have not already been run, you can change the test plan by doing the following:
1.  Go to Execution > Browse Test Case Execution Records
2.  Click Change Display Settings (the button on the far right below the Type Filter Text box)
3.  Add the Test Plan column
4.  Select the TER you want to change.
5.  Click the Change button in the Test Plan column heading
6.  Select the test plan

When I tried to change the test plan for TERs that had already been run, I got the following error message:
Some of the selected Test Case Execution Records have an Execution Result attached to them.
The Test Plan for such Test Case Execution Records cannot be changed.

For TERs that have already been run, you may need to delete the old TERs that don't have a test plan assigned and create new ones.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.