It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the use of reconcile feature in test case in RQM?

Shuchita Tripathi (31436595) | asked Nov 09 '12, 7:23 a.m.

In test plan, using reconcile, we can see the modified or removed requirements. But in test case, what is the use of this feature?

I tried removing the requirement, linked to a test case, from DOORS and then reconciling the test case, but it is always saying that no requirement has been modified or deleted.

Kindly explain the use of reconcile in Test Case.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 09 '12, 7:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Shuchita,
The following help topic explains reconciling test cases: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_recon_req_suspct_doors.html
Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Nov 09 '12, 9:59 a.m.

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for the information. It helped to understand the concept.

However, whenever i am reconciling the test case, i am getting the message that no requirement has been removed or updated. I have deleted a requirement from DOORS, which was added in the test case. STill i am getting the same message everytime.

Is there anything else which needs to be done for information to get reflected while reconciling? I have done all the 'refresh' related things.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Nov 12 '12, 8:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Shuchita,
Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experience using DOORS, so I'm not sure what could be going wrong.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.