It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

(Server Side) How to set the workitem Custom attribute to readonly ?

ANIL ABRAHAM (2322024) | asked Nov 07 '12, 4:17 p.m.
i want to set the workitem custom attribute to readonly .

I identified IAttribute.READ_ONLY_ATTRIBUTE property . but how to set the behavior on the custom attribute.

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 08 '12, 7:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anil,
  1. In the Eclipse client's Team Artifacts view, right click on your project area and select Open.
  2. Click on the Process Configuration tab.
  3. Expand Team Configuration
  4. Click on Permissions
  5. In the Permitted actions box, expand Work Items > Save Work Item (server) > Modify the work item
  6. Uncheck the box next to your custom attribute

Be sure that you modify the permissions for every role type.  If a user is permitted the action with *any* of the role types, he will be permitted to do to the action.

Comments
ANIL ABRAHAM commented Nov 08 '12, 9:52 a.m.

Hi Lauren

Thanks for your reply. Iam looking for the Programmatically setting the attribute behaviour to read only . Iam not seeing any "set" method under IAttribute. Can you please provide some suggestion how to set the "Readonly" behaviour on the Workitem attribute (through server side coding) 

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Nov 08 '12, 11:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Anil,
I'm not sure how to do what you're asking.  The best I can think of is to point you to https://jazz.net/library/article/997.  Perhaps someone else has some ideas.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.