It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Plan Requirements Defect Impact" and "Defects List" reports in RQM are getting generated without any records.

Smitha Namboodiri (5169) | asked Nov 07 '12, 2:48 p.m.
edited Nov 07 '12, 3:03 p.m.

Tried generating the "Plan Requirements Defect Impact" and "Defects List" reports in RQM. I have the correct CCM and RM project areas linked to the QM project. I have also checked the data collection jobs and they look ok.

However the reports get generated without any records? Any views on what could be the possible reason? Do I need to to do any additional configurations?

Comments
Mark Victory commented Nov 07 '12, 3:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Smitha,

Does the data in the report parameters seem to be correct?  IE, the correct Test Plans, etc.?

Smitha Namboodiri commented Nov 07 '12, 5:44 p.m.

Hello Mark,

All the parameters for the report look fine, Test plans , TER owners, TER statuses etc..

Mark Victory commented Nov 08 '12, 10:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Smitha,

That's good.  We know that data is getting into the data warehouse.
The only defects that will be listed in the Defect List report are ones that are associated with the Test Plan you select in the parameter.  To be associated with the Test Plan, the defect would have to be associated with a TCER or a Result of executing a TCER that is associated with the Test Plan you selected.  Are you sure there are defects associated in that way?  Jun Wang's earlier post is also important.  Have you checked that all the data collection jobs have run successfully, especially the ones in CCM?

Marianne Hollier commented Nov 26 '12, 2:19 p.m.

I am seeing this same issue in 4.0.0.1 - and I have checked and double-checked all the data links and they are correct in the live data. I have no errors in my data warehouse runs, and have run the full data warehouse collections manually in the order in which they automatically run, but still no defects listed. Any more ideas?

Mark Victory commented Nov 26 '12, 2:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Marianne,

The original question mentions two different reports - one includes requirements, the other does not.  Which of them are you having problems with?

Dayal Sachdev commented Nov 26 '12, 4:46 p.m. | edited Nov 26 '12, 4:47 p.m.

Mark,
Marianne and I are seeing this issue with multiple reports related to Defects. For example: Defect List report results with 0 results. However, the Web UI of RQM states that the data collection job was successful. I also tried with the traditional JKE banking env on that same server and see 0 results. I also have a separate environment "4.0" where I don't see this issue. I am wondering if 4.0.0.1 has the problem or not.

Dayal Sachdev commented Nov 26 '12, 4:46 p.m.

Here is the error I see many instances of in QM etl log:
2012-11-26 21:38:45,862 [        http-bio-443-exec-2007]  INFO com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.rqm              - com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.rqm.internal.RemoteRQMSnapshotService:updateSnapshot AQXLM5002E The text for the lastMigrationVersionStar==>2 error message could not be retrieved.
2012-11-26 21:38:45,862 [        http-bio-443-exec-2007]  INFO com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.rqm              - com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.rqm.internal.RemoteRQMSnapshotService:checkAndInvokeFactMigration AQXLM5002E The text for the CURRENT_MIGRATION_VERSION_STAR===>2 error message could not be retrieved.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

2 answers

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Nov 08 '12, 6:17 a.m.
Regarding "Plan Requirements Defect Impact", did you associate the requirement collection including those requirements with test plan and are the test cases linking with those requirements in the test plan?

Have you checked the data collection jobs status on JTS and CCM admin pages, especially the status of Requirement and Work Items?

permanent link
Laura Kuczarski (21137) | answered Nov 08 '12, 8:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Smitha,

There are two new help topics that should help explain the defects that will show up in these reports:

Defect reports:  https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.reports.doc/topics/qm_c_defects_reports.html
Requirement reports: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.reports.doc/topics/qm_c_requirements_reports.html

Thanks!
Laura

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.