It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retrieving build history using Java API

Albin Joseph (403610) | asked Nov 06 '12, 10:46 a.m.
edited Nov 07 '12, 10:39 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve the build history using Java API?

Actually what I am trying to do is to find the name of the snapshots created by the last two builds. So I think the first step to do that is to retrieve the build history.

Thanks
-Albin

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 07 '12, 10:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You might want to look into this article where I get the builds https://jazz.net/library/article/807. Maybe there is something new you can reuse.

What is the issue you are seeing with your expression?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 07 '12, 10:47 a.m. | edited Nov 07 '12, 10:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

And you might want to look at this post too, because that could be what you want: http://ryehle.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/custom-build-result-pruner/

permanent link
Albin Joseph (403610) | answered Nov 07 '12, 10:00 a.m.
edited Nov 07 '12, 10:01 a.m.
 Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your reply. I had a look into that code and I have created some code by following the examples. However it did not work for me. The code that I have today is given below.

TeamPlatform.startup();
IProgressMonitor monitor = new NullProgressMonitor();
ITeamRepository teamRepository = login("https://localhost:9443/jazz/", "user", "password", monitor);
ITeamBuildClient buildClient = (ITeamBuildClient) teamRepository .getClientLibrary(ITeamBuildClient.class);
IBuildDefinition buildDefinition = buildClient.getBuildDefinition("RTC_Deploy", monitor);
IBuildResultQueryModel buildResultQueryModel = IBuildResultQueryModel.ROOT;
IItemQuery query = IItemQuery.FACTORY.newInstance(buildResultQueryModel);
query.filter(buildResultQueryModel._eq(buildDefinition.getItemHandle()));
query.orderByDsc(buildResultQueryModel.buildStartTime());
String[] parameters = new String[] { };
IItemQueryPage queryPage = buildClient.queryItems(query, parameters, IQueryService.ITEM_QUERY_MAX_PAGE_SIZE, monitor);
System.out.println(queryPage.getItemHandles());

What I am doing wrong with the above code?

Thanks
-Albin

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Nov 07 '12, 10:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Albin,
Can you explain how it did not work for you?

Albin Joseph commented Nov 08 '12, 9:54 a.m. | edited Nov 08 '12, 9:57 a.m.

Its not retrieving any information. The list is empty.  I think there is something wrong with my query or filter. 

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 07 '12, 7:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Albin,
I'm not sure offhand how much information you can get about a build using the Java API.  https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildJavaProgrammingExamples has examples of how to query for builds, which may help you get started.

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 14 '12, 7:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 14 '12, 7:48 a.m.
Hi Albin,
Somehow I missed the notification from your last comment.  Sorry for the delay!  I think you may want to try "buildResultQueryModel.buildDefinition()._eq(query.newItemHandleArg())" instead of " buildResultQueryModel._eq(buildDefinition.getItemHandle()" .  I'm including the code from a method I have that queries for an individual build based on its label and build definition in case it helps you:

IBuildResultQueryModel buildResultQueryModel = IBuildResultQueryModel.ROOT;
IItemQuery query = IItemQuery.FACTORY.newInstance(buildResultQueryModel);
query.filter( query.and(buildResultQueryModel.label()._like(query.newStringArg()), buildResultQueryModel.buildDefinition()._eq(query.newItemHandleArg())));
query.orderByDsc(buildResultQueryModel.buildStartTime());
IProgressMonitor monitor = new NullProgressMonitor();
ITeamBuildClient buildClient = (ITeamBuildClient) teamRepository.getClientLibrary(ITeamBuildClient.class);
IBuildDefinition buildDefinition = buildClient.getBuildDefinition(buildDefinitionId, monitor);
Object[] parameters = new Object[] { label, buildDefinition };
IItemQueryPage queryPage = buildClient.queryItems(query, parameters, IQueryService.ITEM_QUERY_MAX_PAGE_SIZE, monitor);
if (queryPage.getSize() == 1) {
    return (IBuildResult) teamRepository.itemManager().fetchCompleteItems(queryPage.getItemHandles(), IItemManager.DEFAULT, monitor).get(0);
}
else {
    return null;
}

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.