It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JazzMon Maximium Bytes

Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | asked Nov 01 '12, 6:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
The following questions are the result of using JazzMon to monitor a server that has hung in the past due to load on the database.

The max bytes received by the server has a limit of 1000 bytes per component, but then the bytes sent back has a very low value throughout. Is this a normal behavior?

What limits the max byte transaction to 1000 bytes?  In this case, I am trying to see a relation to more (max'ed out) bytes that cause the DB connection to be lost

Thanks,
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz L3 Developer

One answer

permanent link
Dave Schlegel (331167) | answered Nov 02 '12, 10:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jazzmon just records and analyzes the data that it gets from the web service counter reports produced by the server.  As described in section 3.1 of the JazzMon documentation, the web service report we use is directly available to users at the following URL:

https://<yourhost>:<port>/<app>/service/com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.counters.ICounterContentService

If the issue you are reporting appears in the raw data report then the issue is within the server and should be reported to development for further analysis. If the issue seems to be an artifact of JazzMon data analysis, please provide more details and I'll take a closer look.

Comments
KrishnaKanth Naik commented Nov 02 '12, 3:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Dave

Thank you for the update. I would like to attach the JazzMon Data, but I am unable to add attachment onto this thread. I shall mail you the same.

Regards,
KrishnaKanth

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.