It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting multiple Test Case with Test Scripts into RQM

Naveen TJ (144) | asked Oct 31 '12, 6:50 p.m.

Hello,

I am trying to export test cases & test scripts present in an Excel document into RQM, however, I am facing problems while trying to export in following scenarios:

Scenario 1: In one worksheet of MS Excel, I have created multiple test cases and have a test script tied to each of the of these test cases (one to one mapping of test cases and test scripts). Each test case & test script is delimited by an empty row. However, when I am trying to export this excel sheet, I am able to create multiple test cases, but all test scripts in the excel sheet is getting tied to each of the test cases. Is there a way to avoid this?

Scenario 2: Further to above scenario, in case I have 2 test scripts (one test script for WINDOWS OS and another one for Linux OS) attached to one of the test cases, then, is there a possibility to upload such a test case into RQM and have these 2 test scripts attached to that test case?

Would appreciate if someone provides me with the .cfg details for the above scenarios.

PS: I have gone through all the sample files which comes along with the RQM Excel Importer plugin and did not find any solution to the above scenarios.

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Oct 31 '12, 10:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Naveen,
you can refer to the following link
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter
and for scenario 1, you can use self reference link mentioned in the link.
and for scenario 2. if you have both 1-1 and 1-2 link, I think it's better to use Link() modifier, but you need to put test cases in one worksheet and put test scripts to another.

Comments
Bharat Patel commented Nov 13 '12, 11:54 a.m.

Hi Hao,

For second scenario, is it mandatory to have Test cases in one worksheet and Test scripts in another worksheet to link multiple test scripts with test case? For this scenario, Is there any other option available so that we can put Test cases and Test scripts in one worksheet and link one test case with multiple test scripts? I went through https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter, as well as samples but not able to find option for scenario 2 (1-1 and 1-2 link). If possible, please give some e.g. out how to use Link () modifier for linking of Test case (in one worksheet) and Test scripts (in another worksheet). I went through above link, but finding difficulty to understand about implementation of link () modifier for linking of test cases with multiple test scripts in single / multiple worksheet.

Bharat Patel commented Nov 20 '12, 6:03 p.m. | edited Nov 20 '12, 6:09 p.m.

Thanks Hao. As per config file (attached in workitem) , we are able to link. But it is very difficult to manually link test case with test script as per given excel in work item.

Appreciate if you can provide config file as per below screenshot. This is e.g. of one worksheet, we can have multiple worksheet.

Bharat Patel commented Nov 27 '12, 12:14 p.m.

Hi Hao,

Can you please share config file for above scenario as given in screenshot. We have everything in one excel i.e. Test Case and one for Test Script.

Hao Wan commented Nov 28 '12, 12:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Bharat,

for your scenario, you need to move all the testscripts to another worksheet then you can refer to the samples in my last comment.

Bharat Patel commented Nov 28 '12, 10:47 a.m.

Thanks Hao,

We tried with samples which you suggested and it is working. But we have all test case and test script in one worksheet only as given in above screenshot which is easy to identify which test case is linked with  test script. We are not able to find config file for such scenario. Can you please share config file with such scenario.

Please do let me know if you need more information from my end.

Bharat Patel commented Nov 29 '12, 4:13 p.m.

Hi Hao,

Can you please update about config file as i mentioned above.

Bharat Patel commented Dec 10 '12, 12:25 p.m.

Hi Hao,

Will it be possible to share config file as per given screenshot above. It is very difficult to move testscripts into another worksheet and then create link. We are maintaining test case and Test scripts in one worksheet only as given in above screenshot.

Thanks
Bharat

Hao Wan commented Dec 11 '12, 2:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Bharat,
I'm afraid if you wouldn't modify the excel file, the current Excel Importer couldn't meet your requirement.
you can open an enhancement if you think this scenario is important for you.

monica jain commented Apr 26 '13, 12:57 a.m.

Hi,
Did you got the solution for Scenario 2

showing 5 of 10 show 5 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.