It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install Java decompiler plugin for RTC Version:3.0.1 to view source for class files/Jar without source code?

Arun Pradhan (122) | asked Oct 30 '12, 11:31 a.m.
edited Oct 30 '12, 1:30 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
I am using RTC(Rational Team Concert) Version: 3.0.1. Before going into RTC we had used Simple Eclipse client where we installed JAD Plugin so that even the class files contained inside a Jar file could be viewed in decompiled form. I want to achieve the same in RTC. However, after trying a lot to install JAD for Eclipse Plugin, I couldn't be successful. Any help would be really appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Hisper Borr (31) | answered Oct 19 '20, 3:50 p.m.

Another approach is to use Online Java Decompiler that does not require installation.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 30 '12, 1:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What is the error you get? Are you using the installation Manager version of Eclipse or a P2 install in an existing Eclipse?

In general you should be able to install the correct version of any other plugin into the correct version of the RTC client. Based on how you installed there were some issues with the RTC Eclipse client in 3.x where the install failed due to some issues with installed bundle versions.

Comments
Arun Pradhan commented Oct 31 '12, 9:12 a.m. | edited Feb 25 '20, 9:15 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I tried downloading Jadclipse from http://jadclipse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page and used Window-->Install New Software from RTC Eclipse. No error was thrown and installation seemed to be complete. However, the installed plugin doesn't seem to be effective and I don't get Jadclipse in Eclipse(Preferences... > Java > JadClipse)

If you have any suggestion regarding Jad installation for RTC(Rational Team Concert) Version: 3.0.1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.