It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the significance of the Source ID in the requriements section of RQM?

Una Ramsay (1101918) | asked Oct 30 '12, 8:29 a.m.
Using RQM 3.0.1.2 and DOORs 9.3 for requirements

I have >1200 DOORs requirements in RQM

Of these, 99 are marked with a "source id". For all 99, the source id is DOORS_REQ
For the remaining 1100+, the source id is blank.

I am running a datawarehouse to allow Cognos RRDI reports on requirements to test mappings. However, for some requirements, the test case-requirement link is not being picked up in the RRDI reports, even though the link is there in RQM.

This is happening for approx 5 requirements in a particular test plan. All 5 belong to the 99 which have source id set.

If you have any information at all on
a) why requirements - test case mapping may be missing from a report
b) the significance of "source id" for requirements in RQM

I would be most grateful!

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Oct 30 '12, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Una,
The Source ID is indicating where this requirement is original from. For example, in your case the DOORs_REQ is indicating the requirements were imported from DOORs. For those Requirements that does not have a source ID, my assumption is they are local requirements created in 2.x which has not yet been migrated to RRC (since 3.x, RQM move the local requirement supports to RRC).

For the report question, the logic for RQM requirement coverage is it only shows requirements likes to the test cases which are also in the same test plan (test case's test plan). So, may it because the requirements are not in the parent test plan of the test case, you may check for that.

Hope this helps,
Scarlett
RQM Dev Team

Comments
Una Ramsay commented Oct 31 '12, 7:46 a.m.

Hi Scarlett

Thanks very much for your reply.  The DOORs_REQ is only set for a small percentage of requirements, whereas ALL the requirements originate from DOORs. We aren't using any internal requirements at all.

So even within a group of requirements from the SAME DOORs module, most of the requirements have no Souce ID set and a few DO have Source ID set to DOORs_REQ

Thanks for the tip about the parent  test plan - I have had this issue before. However now I have made sure that all the requirements are in the Test Plan too.

Una

permanent link
Una Ramsay (1101918) | answered Mar 20 '13, 8:27 a.m.

Hi

Any further help on this would be appreciated.

I now have a lot more requirements which are showing this problem.  Within a given test plan, I have requirements from a module in DOORs. some of these requirements are tagged with Source ID= DOORs_REQ, some don't.

The ones which are tagged with DOORs_REQ  are linked to the test plan in RQM and can be seen in RQM. However, the DataWarehouse data collection fails to pick up the test plan for these "broken" requirements and they cannot be seen in the requirements coverage reports at all

I have had a PMR open for almost 1 month but no progress so hoping for some help from the forum

Cheers

Una

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.